COVID VACCINE - The Megathread

Would you get the Pfizer vaccine if it were available to you?

• Total voters

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
My parents managed to schedule their first shot on April 3rd which is great. My dad is a transplant recipient so he’s in one of the higher risk groups.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Source for the anaphylaxis comments so there is some risk with the vaccine:

There's some speculation that this may be the first vaccine related death although it is too early to say for sure:
A little further information into the doctor's death:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Got the first dose of the Moderna yesterday..
No side effects yet.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Humor break....I admit I have had fun with certain patients after reminding them of all the potential side effects, and then after injecting them saying "oh yeh, there is the 6 month sexual dysfunction as well"...that momentary look of horror on their face is priceless. Keep in mind, I am professional, I did this with a lot of the Firefighters, EMS workers, and other patients who I had decent rapport with and knew I could get away with it. But yeh, still funny! :)

EMT4LIFE2020

Forum Ride Along
Hey, brothers and sisters. My agency is making the vaccine available to us 12/28. What are your thoughts on the Pfizer vaccine. Will you get it if you have a choice?
Yes, I will also be getting the vaccine as soon as it's available to me. I was hesitant a few months back but now I am looking forward to getting vaccinated.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Should I laminate my vaccine card now that I have both shots?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The current word is no, in the event that boosters are required, they'll use the "other" spots on that card.
We were told to take pictures if our card with our phones in case we lose it.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Meh. I been telling everyone to laminate. If boosters come theN Get second card.
Right now laminate it cause it is your passport to make dinner reservations at Applebee’s. Lol

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
It's also your ticket to a free doughnut at Krispy Kreme

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Janssen one-dose yesterday. Was fine for approx. the first twelve hours and then started feeling very rundown and achy. Feel a bit better but still poorly this afternoon

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Meh. I been telling everyone to laminate. If boosters come theN Get second card.
Right now laminate it cause it is your passport to make dinner reservations at Applebee’s. Lol
I went with "take a picture and keep the card safe for now, at a minimum" when vaccinating at a mass site. In retrospect I think you're right - we filled out a few lost cards for folks who were getting second doses based on the VAMS records, so no reason we couldn't do that for boosters.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Wouldn't that make it a Vaxport?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I went with "take a picture and keep the card safe for now, at a minimum" when vaccinating at a mass site. In retrospect I think you're right - we filled out a few lost cards for folks who were getting second doses based on the VAMS records, so no reason we couldn't do that for boosters.
dammit... I already lost both my cards... I think one is stuffed in my winter jacket... maybe?

Thankfully, I was able to log onto the county covid database and downloaded my records to my dropbox folder.

Realistically speaking, how hard would it be to falsify those vaccine cards?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
dammit... I already lost both my cards... I think one is stuffed in my winter jacket... maybe?

Thankfully, I was able to log onto the county covid database and downloaded my records to my dropbox folder.

Realistically speaking, how hard would it be to falsify those vaccine cards?
People have already been selling them online from $5-$20 per card.

I advised all my family and friends to take pictures of their cards and luckily I was able to keep a handful of blank cards should any of them misplace their cards.

The cards are not very complicated. Give someone an hour on a computer and some card stock and they could easily make/print them.

RedBlanketRunner

Opheophagus Hannah Cuddler
With my past history the doc consensus is they want me to check into the hospital for 24 hours post shot. Weird me out, will they? If I'm going that route I want to add my hernia laparoscopy and carpal tunnel release jobs in with the package. Nothing quite like asking the medical profession to get real in taking care of business to grind things to a dead halt.

CarSevenFour

Forum Crew Member
Like sheep to the slaughter, no way would I get the vaccine. People say, "Ohhh! If I get a vaccine, I can get my rights back!" Nobody, especially some jive politician or doctor has the right to strip your rights from you. They can take their silly Vaccine Passport and shove it.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Like sheep to the slaughter, no way would I get the vaccine. People say, "Ohhh! If I get a vaccine, I can get my rights back!" Nobody, especially some jive politician or doctor has the right to strip your rights from you. They can take their silly Vaccine Passport and shove it.
Is this guy for real?