Cooler for 12hr shift

TF Medic

Forum Crew Member
Anybody have a recommendation for a cooler that will keep food cold for a 12hr shift? I work a posted unit, cooler gets stored in a side cabinet on the outside of the truck. Truck is white but the cabinet still gets hot during the summer.

I have tried a hard sided Igloo from Walmart and a soft sided Husky from Home Depot. Also tried a couple "fitness" oriented ones that fit the plastic food trays and their insulation was the worst. None of them have kept food cold all day. I'm willing to spend what it takes to find something that works.

On the large side is good (I meal prep and bring lots of plastic containers), durability obviously important.

Thanks.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Honestly I'd say a soft sided yeti or rtic might be your best bet

OP
OP
T

TF Medic

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, have seen those (use a Yeti tumbler every day, worth every penny). Was hoping to find sonething a bit cheaper if possible before dropping that coin on those.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
At least the Rtic are cheaper lol. I have some of their stuff and it's awesome,too. I'll watch this thread cause I'm curious too

OP
OP
T

TF Medic

Forum Crew Member
Just cant bring myself to support a company that makes nothing original and clones another product down to their packaging and font choice.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Yeti. Any company that uses "you can fit this many beers you can fit inside this cooler" as a unit of measurement is a good company.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Most coolers list a can amount that they will hold lol.