Conviction charge? (11357C)

Ch1Ng209

Forum Ride Along
Hi I have a question and I need some feed back please and thank you.
I have a prior conviction charge for a marijuana charge. I was convicted for possession of more than I ounce of marijuana and it was a misdemeanor. I sent over all the documentation to NREMT will this disqualify me from taking the national test? I hope not because I paid a lot of money for the class.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Given that it's a 11357 charge, I presume you're in California? I would expect that either the State or the County/EMS system you're trying to get your initial cert through will be the ones to decide whether or not to deny you a shot at the NREMT and an EMT cert. If it's been a few years (not sure how many) you may have a decent chance of being allowed to take the NREMT test and get certified. The other thing is that you'd best not be continuing use of MJ because while California is becoming more and more "OK" with it, MJ is still a schedule 1 drug per the Feds and that can have some consequences for you later.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
this page should answer your question: http://tinyurl.com/zxp4nje

if you still have questions, these guys can probably help answer any NREMT question you can come up with 1-614-888-4484