Controll Room IQ

What is your Controll Room's general IQ?

• <0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0-10

• 10-30

• 30-50

• 50-70

• 70-90

• 90-110

• 110-130

• 130-150

• 150-170

• >170

• Total voters

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
I'll bet some think they are very incompetent, and others feel very safe with their dispatchers... You?

squid

Forum Lieutenant
I love to make fun of dispatchers as much as the next guy, but I suspect ours do a pretty good job with the information they get. The few walk-ins and station calls I've gotten have given me an idea of just how inarticulate people can be, and how ignorant of the area they usually are (especially if tourists, which often come through here). Just finding patients can be a truly bizarre experience.

My biggest problem is that we work mutual aid with a lot of departments, and are dispatched out of two different places, so it's pretty inefficient. It would help a lot to have a central dispatch for all of them.

Heh... there's a story that I'm sure is one of those lost-in-translation things. We once responded to a woman who was "unresponsive" -- when we got there it turned out she was refusing to talk to her companion. I guess since she wouldn't respond, she was unresponsive... :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
My local county "message board" has a collection of the best stuff seen in the CAD, entered by the calltakers:

gard rale
catilack
newmonia
sinkopee
"telephone pole threw a car"
"history of epylepse"
From HERE

Jon