Continuing education: reading material

terrible one

Always wandering
I am interested in looking for some new study material (aside from my school text books) to continue my education.

Are there any books out there that you guys have read that are beneficial/practical for your work? Any pre hospital emergency medicine stuff would be great. (Not really looking for Jems stuff, more text book like)

I have read Brady Paramedic Care Principles/Practice Vol 1-5, Mosby's Paramedic 3rd edition, and Dubins ECG book.

Thanks

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
I am interested in looking for some new study material (aside from my school text books) to continue my education.

Are there any books out there that you guys have read that are beneficial/practical for your work? Any pre hospital emergency medicine stuff would be great. (Not really looking for Jems stuff, more text book like)

I have read Brady Paramedic Care Principles/Practice Vol 1-5, Mosby's Paramedic 3rd edition, and Dubins ECG book.

Thanks

there are a few signs and symptoms books that i have found to be good supplement reading material. couldn't really say i recomend one over the other, I bought mine based on the pricing.

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
there are a few signs and symptoms books that i have found to be good supplement reading material. couldn't really say i recomend one over the other, I bought mine based on the pricing.

Would highly recommend the following text for current evidence-based clinical diagnosis. It's pretty much a compilation of evidenced-based practices from the JAMA archives.

The Rational Clinical Examination: Evidence-Based Clinical Diagnosis (2008; Simel, Rennie; McGraw-Hill Professional)

$50 from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rational-Clinical-Examination-Evidence-Based-Diagnosis/dp/0071590307/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260566436&sr=1-3

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Would highly recommend the following text for current evidence-based clinical diagnosis. It's pretty much a compilation of evidenced-based practices from the JAMA archives.

The Rational Clinical Examination: Evidence-Based Clinical Diagnosis (2008; Simel, Rennie; McGraw-Hill Professional)

$50 from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rational-Clinical-Examination-Evidence-Based-Diagnosis/dp/0071590307/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260566436&sr=1-3

I have heard good things about that text. think brown was pushin ti here a while ago. I have a subscription to JAMA, and they really do put out alot of good studies. not all pertinent to what we do, but good information all the same.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Journal of Prehospital Emergency Care

http://informahealthcare.com/pec

Just reading the abstracts can give you some valuable information.

However, I hope you have already taken college level A&P, pharmacology, chemistry and microbiology classes which is truly necessary before just reading some books at random.

OP
OP
terrible one

terrible one

Always wandering
Ive taken A&P, pharm, and chemistry

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief