Comprehensive Health Services in Afghanistan

wordsarewords

Forum Ride Along
Long time lurker here with a couple of questions.

I'm currently talking with a recruiter about taking a job in Afghanistan with Comprehensive Health Services. It pays 91k with two months off for a year contract, free food, clothes, lodging, gym, and wifi. I would work 6 12s and off for one day. They'd fly me anywhere in the world for those two months off.

Outside of the recruiter being good at his job and making it sound too good to be true, what's the scoop? Any of you guys done it? How big of a pain in the *** is it? I know it's lower paying than some of the other jobs out there, but I pretty much have my foot in the door already.

Thanks

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Health insurance? Taxes? Get it in writing then go to an accountant. Sounds like a lot of fun, which might be worth those hours and what you actually might end up with in your pocket. How are the two months divided up? Weeks? Months? 3 day blocks?

Beware the fine print. If its money you're after, 72 hours a week might earn more than 92 K gross somewhere in the States, and if it's adventure, you can do that on your own terms.

Does sound interesting though...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
It would take a lot more than 91K to get me back to that part of the world.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Crap wages, crap time off....and did they say WHERE in Afg you would be? Little more info, cause I am aware of nearly everything they do.

Additionally, be careful what you do say as some of their current/past staff are here and so are one of the recruiters. I can speak freely, you and any other potential candidate should be careful.