Complaint over EMS treatment of homeless man

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Letter of complaint written over treatment of homeless man
Note: This is an editorial/opinions column

By then, the MEMS ambulance had arrived. The male driver, the LRPD officer and the manager of the restaurant then took considerable time to laugh and make fun of the victim. The officer and the MEMS driver concurred with each other (loudly, in the parking lot, where other people were watching) that the victim was, "a worthless piece of sh--", probably an (overdose), and not worth their time to try to help. The officer even apologized to the driver for having to have him come out for "this bunch of bullsh--."

The MEMS driver also refused to go behind the Dumpster to assist the man, and yelled to him, "You have to get your own self out on this gurney, NOW! I don't have time for this sh--!" After a while, the man did emerge, with difficulty, still semiconscious.

[Read More!]

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hmm. Did you notice how the guys did everything wrong, but the girl did everything right? :unsure: Okay, a cop or EMT yelling at someone happens. It's not right by any means but it happens. But do you think that they would do it to a homeless person while a director of a nonprofit charity for the homeless (as she introduced herself as) was standing there? I don't think so.

As they say, there's always another side of the story.

Chimp

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yeah, I think there is definately something that we're not hearing about this story.