cT19

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone!
I'm deciding on job offers and companies right now as a new EMT. I am having a hard time choosing as I don't have very many personal connections to help me make a choice. If anyone has any helpful info about what each of these companies are like to work for please let me know I would really appreciate it!
Liberty Ambulance (Downey) & Lifeline Ambulance (Montebello)
Also, any other companies around that area that are good to work for

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Worked at Lifeline ages ago, wasn't a bad company back then it's mostly dialysis, hospital discharges, and SNF transports. But that is most companies in LA County. Haven't ever heard good things about Liberty I'm Downey though. So take that as what it's worth. I worked in LA county from '03-'13 so it's been a couple years, but all my buddies who still work out there say it hasn't changed much.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Liberty will be doing the exact same things as Lifeline, non-emergent transports that luke 31 just described. PRN and Bowers are large, fairly well respected IFT only companies that do much the same services (though less of the dialysis taxi due to their larger hospital contracts).

Care and AMR are main private 911 companies in those areas (Care is contracted with Montebello Fire), and even McCormick and Schaefer aren't too far from there either. Those 4 are your private company 911 ambulances in the county. But I believe Downey Fire hires EMTs as single role Ambulance Operators to staff their BLS ambulances, and so does Compton Fire and Long Beach Fire. Further out you can find AO spots in Culver City, Glendale, and Huntington Beach and a few other places. Do note that all those AO jobs are basically designed to groom you to be eventually hired by an FD as a Firefighter so if that's not your goal than those won't be the best choice for you IMO.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Just do yourself a favor and get out of LACo and OC.

EMTJAYY

Forum Ride Along
cT19 who did you decide to go with I have an offer for Lifeline Montebello as well just curious if you chose them?