Community Paramedic certification through IBSC info/help

CoolHand24

Forum Ride Along
Good Morning
New to the form. Wanted to know if anyone out there has sough any speciality certificate through the International Board of Speciality Certification (IBSC), in particular the Community Paramedic cert (CP-C)?

I was interested in taking the test and the site didn't really specify any particular study material. Pretty much i'm looking for a books or books to help study to pass this test. The site gives a blue print and break down of topics to study, however this bing a speciality field, i didn't know if there was any specific or recommended littiture or book that would help narrow studying down. If anyone has any info, or has completed this certification or any others through the IBSC please help.

Thank you

VentMonkey

Family Guy
A good handful of folks that took a CCP course with me were going after this cert for their respective services. The course was more in line with the FP-C, and CCP-C certs though. I have no clue how they ended up doing on their CP-C exams with the materials presented in class.

The guidelines on what to study is a start, but you can also try emailing Jeanette Myers. She’s usually pretty helpful, and replies to emails fairly quick.

OP
OP
C

CoolHand24

Forum Ride Along
A good handful of folks that took a CCP course with me were going after this cert for their respective services. The course was more in line with the FP-C, and CCP-C certs though. I have no clue how they ended up doing on their CP-C exams with the materials presented in class.

The guidelines on what to study is a start, but you can also try emailing Jeanette Myers. She’s usually pretty helpful, and replies to emails fairly quick.

Thanks Vent. I've been in contact with everyone down there and still the study material is vague. They stated a formal CP course should be taken first, and that the exam falls in line with formal training. I'm guessing since this is such a new topic not to many agencies offer a formal class yet. I'm going to start with the Community Paramedic book by Bartlett and Jones. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your reply and interest.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Also keep in mind that for the first recertification cycle from IBSC you have to retest and are not able to recertify using CE hours.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Also keep in mind that for the first recertification cycle from IBSC you have to retest and are not able to recertify using CE hours.
That’s news to me. One of the other guys here just re-upped his FP-C for the first time this past year using the 100 CE requirement. Nowhere on their site have I found that applicable, at least for the FP-C or CCP-C.

Last edited:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That’s news to me. One of the other guys here just re-upped his FP-C for the first time this past year using the 100 CE requirement. Nowhere on their site have I found that applicable, at least for the FP-C or CCP-C.
It is only a requirement for the CP-C. Everything else you can either retake the test or recert with hours. I’m not sure what is going to happen after Jan, 30 2021.

http://www.ibscertifications.org/recert/cpce

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Good Morning
New to the form. Wanted to know if anyone out there has sough any speciality certificate through the International Board of Speciality Certification (IBSC), in particular the Community Paramedic cert (CP-C)?

I was interested in taking the test and the site didn't really specify any particular study material. Pretty much i'm looking for a books or books to help study to pass this test. The site gives a blue print and break down of topics to study, however this bing a speciality field, i didn't know if there was any specific or recommended littiture or book that would help narrow studying down. If anyone has any info, or has completed this certification or any others through the IBSC please help.

Thank you

Our CPs went to a formal training program at the University of Cincinnati before there was a formal CP certification. They then followed it up with clinical rotations locally that were set up through our medical director.

We're pretty early in the game for there to be an extensive amount of study material out there, I'm afraid.