Comments on 'A paramedics story' by Steven Kelly Grayson

Boston_EMS58

Forum Probie
Just got 'A Paramedic's Story: Life, Death and everything in between" by Steven Grayson as a gift from a friend. Gonna start reading it sometime within the next week or so. Anyone here already read it? How was it?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I loved it :) Also make sure to read his blog too:
http://ambulancedriverfiles.com/

BTW, if you see another book by him call 'En Route', it's the same book, just a different cover and publisher... and maybe an extra story or two in a different order.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok....new book to add to my collection.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
He posts on here from time to time, though I haven't seen him in quite a while. Loved the book and his blog

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
VERY good book. Enjoy it!

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Just told Kelly his book has its own thread on EMTlife. Maybe he will pop in for a post or two. You will definitely like the book. I have it on my ipad, I was telling
Kelly the other day about how I somehow missed the section on the "In The arms of Prince Valium" story and was reading it in the dentist office... I ended up
laughing hysterically, and having to explain the story to the staff, who then busted out laughing hysterically. It was an interesting moment to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I got a copy of it a couple months ago when Kaplan was doing a promotion for free ebooks. I enjoyed it, and it is worth the read.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I squirted myself with zofran and all I could think of was the "Prince Valium" story and I started chortling in the back of the rig... My partner looked at me funny, so I gave him the book.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
quite possibly the best book written about our profession, love the book. very well put together and an excellent read!!

OP
OP
B

Boston_EMS58

Forum Probie
Well so far so great!! I'm about half way through it and I started two days ago...can't put it down till I have to.

Ambulance_Driver

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Currently working on a sequel. About half the stories will have appeared on my blog first, and the rest will be new material.

Hopefully, the editor won't butcher this one as bad as they butchered the last one!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I wouldn't mind a signed copy myself :D

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
No signed copy for me, Kelly... Just sign this check, right here on the dotted line.

frdude1000

Forum Captain
Kelly is awesome! His book is the funniest book I have ever read!

spike91

Forum Lieutenant
Great book, really enjoyed the stories. Strongly recommend it, and definitely watching for the sequel!