Collaborative Inquiry in Paramedicine

Tranaaron

Forum Ride Along
Hi Everyone!

Bit of a background, I practice as a paramedic in Toronto, Canada. I also have been teaching paramedicine at the college level and have started my masters of education. I have been asked to "Define a set of core ideas related to Collaborative Inquiry" This is the Professional Community that I have chosen to connect with and ask your opinions on the future of paramedic education.

What forms of collaboration in the context of education do you think is necessary in our profession? Examples such as hospital clinical placements vs paramedic service preceptorship vs classroom work. I think in this era, there needs to be a heavier focus on mental health and there should be education that is specific to self care.

Please let me know of any ideas that may be new and shared!

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
How about evaluation of students outside of classrooms (i.e., practical rotations)? The goal would be to reduce subjective elements, quantify as much as possible, and perhaps even loop back to measure success of the grading system by correlating field performance after graduation.

OP
OP
T

Tranaaron

Forum Ride Along
How about evaluation of students outside of classrooms (i.e., practical rotations)? The goal would be to reduce subjective elements, quantify as much as possible, and perhaps even loop back to measure success of the grading system by correlating field performance after graduation.

Thanks for your reply!

I agree with the continuation of grading. It's hard to quantify both the practical and social skills taught in school, and see what produces results and what does not. I would also like to see field performance be graded and relayed back to the school.