Cocaine OD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT B

Forum Captain
DOA. Pt was a 26 Y.O. F. She was found prone lying submerged in a bathtub of water. Body was warm with no signs of rigor. Autopsy states that she had a bruise on the front of her head with no cerebral hemorrhage. Pt had signs of Pulmonary Edema, Cardiomegaly, and bilateral ventricular atrophy. Pt does have a hx or cocaine abuse and toxicology said she had cocaine in her blood. My question- was she murdered, or was it the cocaine, and why?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Why are you asking?

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
DOA. Pt was a 26 Y.O. F. She was found prone lying submerged in a bathtub of water. Body was warm with no signs of rigor. Autopsy states that she had a bruise on the front of her head with no cerebral hemorrhage. Pt had signs of Pulmonary Edema, Cardiomegaly, and bilateral ventricular atrophy. Pt does have a hx or cocaine abuse and toxicology said she had cocaine in her blood. My question- was she murdered, or was it the cocaine, and why?

I think she was stabbed to death.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Shark attack. Poor lady never saw it coming :sad:

How would we know if she was murdered?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Obviously a cocaine induced MI :rolleyes: but what if someone else injected the drugs....murder? Can we charge the drug dealer with accessory to murder?

Or I like the shark theory. Those great whites are sneaky mofos :ph34r:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I think it was murder. I think it was Colonel Mustard in the bathroom with the candle holder.

med51fl

Forum Lieutenant
She was taken out by a CIA cleaner crew that made it look like an OD. She had info about ....opps! I've said too much. Hey, I have got to go. There is a black van in the driveway and a gentlemen in a suit at the door who says he has a flower delivery.:lol:

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm pretty sure it was a plane crash and the big invisible monster moved her body from the island into the bathtub and injected her with cocaine, to cover up the JFK conspiracy.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
We're on the case!

tumblr_mcqms0d5hY1qjcpmx.jpg

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Are you sure that she was ever really alive? Maybe were all just computer simulations...

Like the matrix.

Take the red pill.

Anjel

Forum Angel
scoobysnacks.jpg

A scooby snack to whomever can explain why the pt would would have bilateral ventricular atrophy and not hypertrophy. If she had cardiomegaly and cocaine abuse, seems like her heart would be working double time, not wasting away.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
scoobysnacks.jpg

A scooby snack to whomever can explain why the pt would would have bilateral ventricular atrophy and not hypertrophy. If she had cardiomegaly and cocaine abuse, seems like her heart would be working double time, not wasting away.

My guess is that he actually meant hypertrophy or got his information wrong. You are correct that cocaine use is associate with ventricular hypertrophy, usually left. Or maybe she had an unrelated cardiac condition which was exacerbated by the cocaine use.

Interestingly, cocaine related cardiomyopathy is closely related to cardiomyopathies seen with pheochromocytomas. Why would that be? :D

Anjel

Forum Angel
Awe. I was gonna be smart and answer that. Too bad. I'm keeping the Scooby snacks.

Sublime

LP, RN

Boyfriend found out she has done all his cocaine... So he punched her in the head while she was bathing thus knocking her out and causing her to drown.

Case closed.

Your welcome

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I think it was murder. I think it was Colonel Mustard in the bathroom with the candle holder.

Boyfriend found out she has done all his cocaine... So he punched her in the head while she was bathing thus knocking her out and causing her to drown.

Case closed.

Your welcome

Not sure which of these is better.

I will go with "natural causes."

She did something that was intrisically fatal and naturally she died.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Let's see, I'll get out my Ohio CSI Decision-Making Kit out....four-sided dreidel, sides read "Pushed", "Jumped", "Fell", or "Dunno".

Status
Not open for further replies.