Close to testing....

piranah

Forum Captain
Ok so all I need now on my ride time is a code for 1 tube and 1 shock....anybody have any tips on how I should start to bring myself back to "testing" mindset?....as I get closer I get more and more nervous about testing...any information or tips are greatly appreciated....I'm already using a practice test website...

Last edited by a moderator:

vquintessence

Forum Captain
Are you referring to the practical exam?

Well, at this point, just study the exam sheets. You've already received your education and hopefully have a good grasp of implementing it, so for the purposes of your exam, just memorize the sheet.

Don't try to jazz it up, or try to look like an extra smart candidate. All the proctors care about is the list in front of them. Go by it, step by step, verbatim, and you'll do fine. Good luck.

OP
OP
piranah

piranah

Forum Captain
thank you very much...i know my stuff, its that i get very nervous in the practical testing situation...on-scene im fine lol i know weird...but awesome, i do it like KISS Keep It Simple Stupid...

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
Prianah,

I've proctored stations at the NR exams many times. The critical criteria cannot be ignored but, we don't expect a nervous candidate to display perfection. We care about the sheet because we're scripted and aren't allowed to do anything except what is on that sheet using the scenarios we're issued that day. Some proctors are more strict than others, true. What we're supposed to be looking for is entry level proficiency.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Like the others said, just study, study, study your sheets and know them by heart. Just go into the exam with confidence and the mindset that you know your stuff and you'll do absolutely fine. Good luck!

8jimi8

CFRN
get a partner and practice your skills until you leave out NOTHING. When you are doing a portion of the skill...WAIT for your partner to prompt you with the next line on the sheet.

I recently did this with my intubation check off and it works like a charm.

its kind of funny when you are just sitting there bagging with O2 until the proctor realizes that he needs to say, "Ok you have good breath sounds and Medical Control has ordered intubation."

oh well... 3 minutes of bagging before you intubate makes a nice nitrogen defecit, eh?!