Chuck Norris doesn't learn. He already knows...

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
These interviews are 100% legit. As you can see they are online, and have pictures attached. Therefore there is no need for you to dig further on the validity of these interviews. Awe shucks, OK, so maybe the interview was staged... and the stars "really" didn't stop by..... Just enjoy them for what they are :)

Let's see what Chuck has to say about the Double Tap:

normal_Chuck_Norris_copy3.jpg

Me: Mr. Norris, it has been said that you are not afraid of the dark, because the dark is afraid of you. But "if" you where attacked by the dark...... what would you do?

Chuck: Well Kip, I would have to say....... I would definitely Double Tap the dark.

Me: Very good. So, it has been said that Chuck Norris never learns. He already knows. What is it that you know Mr. Norris?

Chuck: Chuck Norris knows the Double Tap. That's it.

Me: I heard Death once had a Chuck Norris experience. What happened?

Chuck: Death through a punch. I Double Tapped it. End of story.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
What is this double tap you speak of? The way I understand it is when you shoot a Zombie twice for good measure.

zombieland-rules2.jpg

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Ah, just like the good ol' 1-2.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Ah, just like the good ol' 1-2.

Indeed it is for anyone who has studied Kali, Silat, Escrima, JKD, the slip in Boxing, and even old school Karate/TKD (although those are a hard style).

We have now trained thousands in EMS/Fire and the healthcare profession in the DTP. Many with better credentials than mine. They are believers in the drill and it's self-defense components.

Self-Defense is very different from fighting :)
Check this out:
http://networkedblogs.com/sb3ZY

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Back in the 80's I studied Kajukenbo, and Kuntaw when I was stationed at Subic Bay, Philippines. The escrima was a big part of those styles, but I always enjoyed the Sai, I still have my own pair along with some rosewood handcrafted nunchaku I picked up in Japan. I have not used them in years and since I think they are not legal, I keep them locked in a box.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Back in the 80's I studied Kajukenbo, and Kuntaw when I was stationed at Subic Bay, Philippines. The escrima was a big part of those styles, but I always enjoyed the Sai, I still have my own pair along with some rosewood handcrafted nunchaku I picked up in Japan. I have not used them in years and since I think they are not legal, I keep them locked in a box.

That is fantastic! I would love to train at least once in the Philippines. I train Kali-Silat under P. Greg Alland and Jason Heriford. I had my eyes opened (just as I did when I trained BJJ) to the fact each art has specific strengths.

As far as a Sai, I had to learn to use it as well as chucks, tonfa, jo and bo staff..... the only problem........ you can't walk around with those daily. But something like a stick can always be around. Then when it comes to a knife or knife like object.....well...... that is a great tool.

I just spent my life as the constant student and bring what is most "useful" for the what is most likely to occur on the job.

Heck if I could motivate people to train regularly..... there would be no need for my class. :)

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Granted, the Sai is not practical, but you look cool :cool: Agreed the escrima is much more viable option as a self defense method. In Kajukenbo the escrima was modified where the weak arm stick was much shorter, in Kuntaw both were of the same size. Do you use the bamboo type?

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Granted, the Sai is not practical, but you look cool :cool: Agreed the escrima is much more viable option as a self defense method. In Kajukenbo the escrima was modified where the weak arm stick was much shorter, in Kuntaw both were of the same size. Do you use the bamboo type?

I use Rattan.

Here is a pic of some "pressure testing"
normal_groundwsticks.jpg

We just seek the truth.... not trying to be tough guys or claim that we can beat anyone up. The idea is to see what works "more often than not".

Obviously this is not the stuff we share with EMS :) But the principles we gain from pressure testing we do share. He we mixed BJJ with stick work and striking.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
That rattan is strong stuff, I use to have a whole living romm set made of the stuff. You should see how they work the material with a torch.

I like your Jam technique, sorta like a wing chun thing.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
You two need a room? :rofl: Just saying...

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
That rattan is strong stuff, I use to have a whole living romm set made of the stuff. You should see how they work the material with a torch.

I like your Jam technique, sorta like a wing chun thing.

Thank you. Yup, rattan is super strong. I have wore out (snapped) wooden sticks and rattan would keep going. With sparring, the rattan will leave welts and such, but normally wont break your buddy's arm. It will however break fingers.......

Since we are always seeking the "defensive" side of things........ it is not about me killing/injuring or maiming a person. It was about..."what can I do to stop the threat and escape"? With that in mind.....we would strike the stick hand of the "attacker". It was pretty amazing to see how you could get someone to drop their stick/knife (even through a padded boxing glove) when struck with real power.

And we call that "Jam" elbow control. We use elbow control for EVERYTHING. It can foul a draw of a gun or knife...... push a person off balance, keep them from punching you etc.

We stopped teaching "technique" per se and started focusing on "principles" found in all techniques. When we did that....... we watched students grow faster than traditional teaching. They made "techniques" their own because they could fall back on a principle when a "technique" failed them.

Funny thing....... "elbow control" is involved in almost every martial art. The problem is for years we focused on the technique and not the principle.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Sorta like the wax on, wax off thing. lol
Sorry, did not mean to detract from your post :)

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Sorta like the wax on, wax off thing. lol
Sorry, did not mean to detract from your post :)

Ha! Kinda........... but now that I'm married...... I don't have to do that anymore. Bwahahahaha!

And Mycrofft :) You silly thing :)

Joe

Forum Captain
H&K USP... nuff said

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Here is another thing you could add to your T-shirt, bada bing, bada boom. :p

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Nuf said...