Changes in ACLS 2005

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
With the new 2005 ACLS discouraging the use of medications through the endotracheal tube (ETT), & recommending Adult Introssess infusion (I/O).
Do you prefer the sternal or humeral head or the standard tibial aspect ?
I have use FAST sternal I/O (commonly know as the bed of nails), & have played with the EZ I/O bone drill .. have any one used any of these or what do you use ?

Respectfully,
Ridryder 911

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm kind of excited to see what is in the new 2005 protocols, where did you get them? At the last AHA meeting I went to a month or so ago I know their release was right around the corner, but haven't heard word yet.

Thanks

OP
OP
Ridryder911

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I went last week to a "roll-out" for ACLS Instructors .. they expect the changes to be published in the annual JAMA late summer early fall. Of-course allow 6 months or so for new publications of text books & test etc..

Some of the other recommendations was of course CPR for 2 minutes on unwitnessed arrest before defibrillation. Also Adenosine dose will increase from 6mg initally to 12 mg... which most had predicted. They emphasis on use of vasopressin is highly encouraged.on aystole.

Be safe,
Ridryder 911

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I use the EZ I/O, it is simple and quite efficient. It also nice to see the AHA finally start to catch up on cardiac life support. We have been using the CPR before defib protocol for some time..................

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
We don't do adult IO's here yet. Wonder if the new medical director will be progressive or not, we have no idea, since we don't have a new medical director yet. :)

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
Wow! My department has implemented these protocols for a while now - glad to see that ACLS has caught up with the times. :)

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Ridryder911@Jul 4 2005, 01:29 PM
I went last week to a "roll-out" for ACLS Instructors ........
Damn, I'm an instructor and I haven't heard of anything yet. better wake up and see what all the changes are.....

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I thought the official changes aren't released until November. :blink: