Certs

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
So, being that I just got Certified in Suicide First Aid, I was wondering, what other short (less than a week) certs are there? I took a WMD online course for my basic class, it was free and thought it was neat. Anyone know of other such things? And yes, I know about ACLS, PALS etc.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Are you looking for classes? Education? Certs? Why are you interested in these-- personal edification, resume, civil service hiring? Boy Scout merit badges? Alphabet Soup?

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Resume

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
"I was wondering, what other short (less than a week) certs are there?"

Cheap and meaningless ones.

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
"I was wondering, what other short (less than a week) certs are there?"

Cheap and meaningless ones.

The ASIST was two days and very informative

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
You asked about what's available. Schools and instructors will teach you anything and print out a nice certificate if you pay them. Adult Education is becoming a ripe area for fraud.

Not saying your class was not valuable, but there are bad ones out there and many not worth their cost.

Try these, they include ICS classes, and there is potentially some (not much) college credit.

http://www.training.fema.gov/emiweb/edu/collegelist/

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I just took PHTLS last week. I found it really helpful to refresh my trauma skills. I enjoyed the focus entirely on trauma. I am planning on doing AMLS next, along with PALS, and ACLS some time after March 31, 2013 (next recert cycle).

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
FEMA is a good source but once you get your certs you should make a binder with covers over your certs and call it your cert book. it is very helpful to have all your stuff in one book, you can even bring to interviews and show to interviewer and it looks good also makes you look organized.

but you should really attend educational conferences you get a cert for going to, private military contractors have such events that you can go to.