Central Mississippi, Travel Medic, need INFO asap

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
ok so I got a call today about a travel medic position in Jackson Mississippi, it is with AMR. they are offering me 30 day rotations with living/travel/transportation provided. the pay is great however all this is sounding like one of those too good to be true situations. they want me to start in 3 weeks.

my question is has anyone worked for or heard any horror stories the AMR/NCTI EMS traveler program? does anybody have any experience working with AMR Central Mississippi?

thankyou all for your help, they want my answer by tomorrow at noon, so speed is of the essence. also if you know of someone in the program can you please have them contact me, i will provide my phone and email if requested.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
NCTI is their school so is this a traveling instructor position? Most of the folks I met at AMR were pretty good folks. I was not impressed with the ncti program though. I do know they are trying to bring it up a bit though. One thing I heard over and over while attending the ncti program was how well they paid. That's about the only good thing I heard about it though. No horror stories though.

OP
OP
socalmedic

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
No it is for a Paramedic position, I did go to NCTI for paramedic school and thought they where alright, the company does like to throw money around. I was able to talk to some current medics out there and they had nothing bad to say. do looks like I will be an an airplane in 2 weeks headed for mississippi.

omak42

Forum Crew Member
socalmedic: Im assuming you caught wind of the program actually being delayed until next month.....I received the same call and postponed giving an answer. I can tell you that you will run your butt of in Jackson. You will have a lot of stabbings and shootings, along with a lot of BS. However, I have been told by a friend that is there that management for once actually treats the out of towners very well. I know its pretty late, but hope this helps somewhat

YCALR

Forum Crew Member
ok so I got a call today about a travel medic position in Jackson Mississippi, it is with AMR. they are offering me 30 day rotations with living/travel/transportation provided. the pay is great however all this is sounding like one of those too good to be true situations. they want me to start in 3 weeks.

my question is has anyone worked for or heard any horror stories the AMR/NCTI EMS traveler program? does anybody have any experience working with AMR Central Mississippi?

thankyou all for your help, they want my answer by tomorrow at noon, so speed is of the essence. also if you know of someone in the program can you please have them contact me, i will provide my phone and email if requested.

I know its a little late and its a little different but I'm an EMT-B and they sent me out to alabama for the oil spill standby. I stayed there for 5 months and didn't have a single day off, which was fine because we were paid at a daily rate plus OT. I had a lot of medic partners who had the opportuniy to go to Mississippi. It is very dangerous out there and I believe they said you even wear a bullet-proof vest. A lot of the new medics couldn't handle it since, as previously stated' there is a lot of stabbings, shootings etc. I still keep in contact with a lot of my old medic partners so let me know if you need any more info. If you have experience the better, but either way I would say its worth it. Besides the experience you would gain the pay is amazing!!!!!