CE hours Online?

fishyfish

Forum Crew Member
Hello friends,

In the past 2 years had not been working EMS. I was a OTR Semi truck driver, ironicly my partner was Navy coreman / paramedic. Which is why I stayed on the road we made an awesome team! That is until, pay droped off with the introduction of "non payed city miles" what a crock. Today im back in my old EMS system as a voulenteer, but have a serious problem. My CE hours are not up to par. I have found online options, CAPCE DL programs offering 24 hours CE. Has anyone used this and sucessfully turned these in to their home state?

rujero

Emergency Services RN, NREMT
https://www.medic-ce.com/ is a valid site for online continuing education. I have used them the last two times I have re-certified.

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
You can also look into Bound Tree University. They offer some free CE’s as well.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I have used www.ems-ce.com for recert. I haven't held my NREMT-P cert for nearly 20 years, but I've been licensed continuously. I'm in California and that site's courses are all considered to be "instructor-led" so I can do all my CE online through them. The NREMT does NOT allow you to take all your CE through this site or method because it's "distributed education."

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Distance CME is paid but considered "in person" "live" class and can be used for non-distributed hours.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
The NREMT does NOT allow you to take all your CE through this site or method because it's "distributed education."

I believe NREMT allows use of distributed education for...24 hours for NREMT under NCCP and 10 under the traditional model.

ElectricCPR

Forum Probie
I've been wondering the same. I'm an inactive NYS EMT-B and I was wondering if I can possibly CE online or something.