Caught on Camera Breaking the Law

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
Caught on camera breaking the law. More and more drivers are not pulling over for emergency vehicles, and every second counts when it comes to saving lives.

At Monday's school bus accident on 390 our cameras caught a man taking a picture of the accident on his cell phone while right in front of an ambulance with a critical patient inside.

"Put your cell phone in your pocket, pull over to the right," said the driver of the ambulance over a loudspeaker. If you think it's uncommon - think again.

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S521048.shtml

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, my drivers taken to using the PA also to tell people to move over.

It usually works, If not, a Blast of the Air Horn does.

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
wow....its about time a news station aired something like this. it took me almost 10 seconds to pull off the pad yesterday cuz people wouldnt stop! you gotta wonder what the f*** is wrong with people nowadays.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Interesting article, Jordan, thanks.
I dont want to bring up the DriveCam topics again. If you are interested, do a search.
I guess I dont understand the camera the article talks about. Who writes the tickets discussed in the last paragraph? Does R/M make $$ off the ticket?
We all know how idiotic other drivers are, and I have heard of towns where motorcycle cops follow the ambulances to write tickets to idiots, but is R/M really using a camera to catch people?

What?

des