Cash-strapped states raid 911 funds

TRowe

Forum Probie
Here in Sacramento, our Sheriff's department is laying off 200+ deputies. Our Metro fire district is getting cuts to. I cant seem to grasp the logic of cutting public services as a first resort. With Education, public services should be the last thing to go. In my opinion at least.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Here in Sacramento, our Sheriff's department is laying off 200+ deputies. Our Metro fire district is getting cuts to. I cant seem to grasp the logic of cutting public services as a first resort. With Education, public services should be the last thing to go. In my opinion at least.

You mean you don't want funds to pay for the mayor's brand new Tahoe or to pay for the city councilmen to attend a "conference" on the coast? You're unamerican! How dare you question the politicians!

(note sarcasm)

Cory

Forum Captain

Sme here, they are firing a crap load of police and fire (number grows daily, so I'm just saying a crap load) and shutting down half of our inner-city fire stations, but they are still going to buy a street car system. Now we can look like San Francisco, but have less emergency personnel. Great idea!

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
We're voting on an issue on tuesday whether or not to increase the income tax from 2% to 2.5% in the city. If it doesn't pass, they claim there are a lot of layoff coming to police and fire.