Carpetbagger needs some help

Inlandwannabe1

Forum Ride Along
Hello There-

I'm in Washington state. I moved from out of state- medic since 2001. Combined experience on private Ambo, paid f.d., and 11 years of HEMS. Still have state/national cert.

My school back in 2001 was not accredited- School/program is accredited now. Is there any way thru to get reciprocity? Initialy was told no, AND then, they review on a case to case basis. If anybody has a resource, or past experience, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Ok, i'm confused.... what are you trying to get?

you have a state cert, and a national cert. Who cares about your school and accreditation, it was 16 years ago (and might have predated the entire accreditation process). What are you trying to do that requires your initial schooling to be accredited?

As a general rule, you can't get reciprocity for a certification you already have. So if you have a Washington paramedic card, you can't apply for reciprocity for a Washington paramedic card, because you already have one......

OP
OP
I

Inlandwannabe1

Forum Ride Along
Ok, i'm confused.... what are you trying to get?

you have a state cert, and a national cert. Who cares about your school and accreditation, it was 16 years ago (and might have predated the entire accreditation process). What are you trying to do that requires your initial schooling to be accredited?

As a general rule, you can't get reciprocity for a certification you already have. So if you have a Washington paramedic card, you can't apply for reciprocity for a Washington paramedic card, because you already have one......[/QUOTE

Trying to get a WA cert from another state

Last edited:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Ahhh. ok, I understand. Your initial posting was a little confusing.

You don't need to have graduated from an accredited program for reciprocity. That is only for initial certifications (I read the website too, it's a little confusing). There are some other requirements that you need to have completed when you file the request.

If I was you, I would fill out this form. It will explain what you need for reciprocity https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/530060.pdf