care ambulance

orangecountyemt

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone. I am starting orientation for Care ambulance in a few weeks and am wondering what I should expect. i have gone through other EMT job orientations and they all seem to be different from one another. Can anyone give me advice on what to expect with this one? Thanks in advance.

energystar

Forum Crew Member
Pretty standard stuff. You will do your OC and LA expanded scope with them. Most of the higher ups will come in and introduce themselves. You watch all the fun safety videos. You will learn how scheduling works, what is expected of you, how to use CARE equipment, how to use the ePCR and so on. All of the people you will meet are approachable, friendly and helpful so ask if you have questions. Overall it is nothing to lose sleep over and most of the stuff you do just requires you to be there and listen. The last day you will do some scenarios and learn how to assist a medic in the back. After you wrap that up, you start your field training that next week.

What days and how long is the orientation usually?

energystar

Forum Crew Member
It is Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm the first week and then the week after is your field training which can be any arrangement of days/hours. You have to give two weeks of dull time availability at the start to complete both of these. Then they let you pick two days to be off during the week where you won't be scheduled.

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
It is Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm the first week and then the week after is your field training which can be any arrangement of days/hours. You have to give two weeks of dull time availability at the start to complete both of these. Then they let you pick two days to be off during the week where you won't be scheduled.

Do they let you pick saturday + sunday?

Timber

Forum Ride Along
Imnop - I start sept 4! Just signed some more paperwork and got my uniforms fitted today. Whooooo!!

But yeah, on the paperwork, you get to choose two days off out of a week but only one weekend day off. <_<