CARE Ambulance employment exam

mdwatkins13

Emergency Medical Technician
Hello, i recently applied to CARE Ambulance with my resume and took there employment exam. It was the exam that asks you a question and then you must choose "Agree Strongly", "Agree", "Neutral", "Disagree", "Strongly Disagree". I answered the questions like I always do with sincerity and intelligence but got a email the next day stating that I was not selected to move on. Was unsure of what I had done wrong and since I have had interviews and job offers from other ambulance companies while answering the same way for them, I wanted to know what the trick was to answering CARE's employment application questions. I have a friend who's brother works for CARE and he told me to always answer either strongly agree or negative. If anyone could help me out with their thoughts on how to to pass it would be much appreciated. As well as how soon I can reapply or retake the test. Thank you for your time.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
The exact same thing happened to me earlier this year. I was also told by a Care EMT to answer all the questions as either strongly agree or strongly disagree.

The email should've told you to reapply after 6 months or something like that. I tried reapplying after only ~3 and while I was able to resubmit the actual application, I didn't get the questionnaire, and got the declined email a couple days later. Apparently they take that 6 months seriously.

So I guess the next question is does that 6 months reset to after I tried reapplying or is it still counted from when I first applied and filled out the questionnaire? I've been told by others to assume the click reset so now instead of 1 month I have 5 months left.

(I agree it's a slightly ridiculous system where if your actually honest and forth coming you won't even get an interview, especially since they have to know the only people passing that part are, for lack of a better word, "gaming" their system to get said interview and therefore those personality answers are all but worthless /rant)

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
If you always answer strongly agree or disagree are you really answering honestly?