Capital Health

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
I am interesting in hearing from anybody that has worked as an EMT for Capital Health in Trenton. I have a job interview for an EMT Per Diem, and was curious to how their per diem works. I know that some places are simply, when need you are called. I also know some places require a certain shift plust when needed, everyother weekend for example. There is also one hospital around me that you put in your availability and go off that. I guess it all depends.

I would like to know how Capital Health does is, and nowhere else. I am not trying to be rude, but I am not looking for how your agency does it or other places around you do it. I am looking for a straight foward answer on how Capital Health does per diem.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
ummm, you have an interview scheduled, sounds like a great interview question, especially if you want to get the answer directly from the horse's mouth.

But to answer your question, at Capital, you give them your availability, and based on their openings (vacation requests and open shifts), they assign you the shifts. if they have sickouts/callouts, they call their per diems first, and then go to OT.

Lots of places in Mercer hire per diem EMTs, especially day times Monday to Friday. West Windsor, Princeton, Allentown (in Monmouth county), Robert Wood Johnson Hamilton, Lawrence, and Ewing all hire per diem EMTs.

Their director is a good guy, very down to earth and approachable, and one of the better EMS manager out there.