Can I renew my EMT-B license by completing a paramedic course

Tk11

Forum Captain
I already completed and passed a paramedic course but due to testing dates I believe my emt license will be expired by the time I get through testing paramedic. I was told it can be renewed due to passing the paramedic class, is that true?

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
I already completed and passed a paramedic course but due to testing dates I believe my emt license will be expired by the time I get through testing paramedic. I was told it can be renewed due to passing the paramedic class, is that true?
Yes but you will need to get a letter certifying that you completed the necessary hours of CEU requirements from your school. Talk to your program director and they will provide you with the letter and any answers you need. It's a very common thing to renew the EMT cert through a paramedic course.

OP
OP
T

Tk11

Forum Captain
Yes but you will need to get a letter certifying that you completed the necessary hours of CEU requirements from your school. Talk to your program director and they will provide you with the letter and any answers you need. It's a very common thing to renew the EMT cert through a paramedic course.
Awesome, thank you