California Paramedic

HH1251

Forum Crew Member
Hopefully this is the correct place to post this. I am applying for a California Paramedic license. One of the steps is to fill out paperwork and send it off to the current states that you are licensed in. Ive sent my paper work off and never heard back from those two states. My question for those of you who have gone through this process. Do I really need that paperwork? How would California know Im licensed in any state?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you took your paramedic class in CA then the application does not ask if you have any other state licenses. If you are applying to CA and took your paramedic program in a different state then you are required to list any states you are currently or have been licensed in.

If you are or were licensed in other states then CA EMSA may contact those states to check your current status and to see if there were any actions or pending actions against you.

Yetti

Forum Probie
SO wha happens with that is the other State/ States you were/ are licensed in send that info back to California EMS Authority. (NOT TO YOU). so you are fine. If you want call up California EMS and ask your status.

The real question is..... Why the Heck would you move to 3rd world California????

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
California is not all bad. There are some significant redeeming features, and I do commend the state's ability to coordinate a relatively uniform standard of practice. Its not where I want it to be, but it is functionally a sturdier structure than the Texan model, where a simple change in medical director or whatnot can completely alter the scope of practice in an instant. IMO, CA would substantially benefit from leveraging their dependence on orders into more advanced ideas like prescriptions, etc, sort of like how occupational medicine has.

kland62

Forum Ride Along
I just lost my job as a medic in LA. I could get my DL51 update because of my seizure history. Does anyone know of a service that will hire without a DL51? I attempted to go the ADA route, but my company proceeded with separation.

Let me me know?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I just lost my job as a medic in LA. I could get my DL51 update because of my seizure history. Does anyone know of a service that will hire without a DL51? I attempted to go the ADA route, but my company proceeded with separation.

Let me me know?

That's going to be a little tougher, but I'd recommend seeking work as a tech or something. Depending on your seizures, you might not be physically capable of the job.