California EMSA testing the waters for "community paramedicine"

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
My county has already started their pilot project and is almost 6 months in. I dont know where the time frame that is posted in your PDF link came from but most pilot sites are already up and running, although there are only a few that are studying alternate destinations, most are providing a very valuable service to the community that other providers including public health were either unable or unwilling to provide.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

The link came from an e-newsletter in the form of an email I received this past week.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I didn't realize how far ahead of most we were we've been doing CHP and alternate destinations for over a year now.

Barny Brownson

Forum Ride Along
interesting, I was wondering when CP would start to appear more frequently. I wonder if demand for Medics will increase.?

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

I wonder if I was reading a county and not a State EMS newsletter!
The newsletter had the first part of an article by the medical director about changing decision making modes from sudden to more deliberate...

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I wonder if I was reading a county and not a State EMS newsletter!
The newsletter had the first part of an article by the medical director about changing decision making modes from sudden to more deliberate...

the PDF is posted on the CA EMSA site, and it does state California CP Timeline, and it was only posted in march which is after all 9 pilot sites started so I think this is just one more case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing... common in Kommiefornia.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

the PDF is posted on the CA EMSA site, and it does state California CP Timeline, and it was only posted in march which is after all 9 pilot sites started so I think this is just one more case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing... common in Kommiefornia.

I think they just changed directors also?

Calif has always been "mavericky" about EMS. They rapidly started inventing their own types of EMT's after NHTSA coined the name and described two levels, A (ambulance) and P (paramedic).

I think a customer survey about what they expect when they call in a medical 911 would reveal some issues. This demands a paradigm shift for the customers (the public) as well. There's going to be a backlash and lawsuits. It will be a real change for many practitioners too.

NGEMT

Forum Probie
So...an advanced paramedic working like something close to a mid-level? Below NP or PA? What type or setting?

This looks interesting.