BVR Training

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
I did basic vehicle rescue training 20 years ago and now am 1/3 of the way threw the class again. Here in PA we do part one (awareness) Part2 (operations) part 3 (technician). Years ago we never had to worry about things like air bags etc. B)
I was wonder what do the other states do? Is there a similar program?

emtwacker710

Forum Captain
we have training classes available to us simply called vehicle extrication, they are more for the FD members, but in our basic firefighting classes or company drills we cover extrication, and basically on a real MVA we would have an EMT in turnout gear go inside the stabilized car and start working on the pt. with a tarp over them and then we would start cutting the car...we really don't have levels of training here when it comes to that.

OP
OP
Pittsburgh Proud

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
we have training classes available to us simply called vehicle extrication, they are more for the FD members, but in our basic firefighting classes or company drills we cover extrication, and basically on a real MVA we would have an EMT in turnout gear go inside the stabilized car and start working on the pt. with a tarp over them and then we would start cutting the car...we really don't have levels of training here when it comes to that.

Is that a state certification? Once you do the tech part or the third part, you get state certified here in PA.

emtwacker710

Forum Captain
as far as I know what we train for locally does not count for a state certification, I do think that out at Montour Falls (nice training center/academy here in NYS) they offer a vehicle extrication cartification course..