Budgeting Project

Olivia Morgan

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I am a junior in high school and working on an EMS project for class. I am in the process of becoming EMR certified and am currently waiting to take my NREMT written exam. For the class, I am required to create a new budget for an EMS service in a county that was without one previously. I am looking for resources to make this project as accurate as possible and win the bid from a panel of judges including the county mayor and many other people who do this for a living. If anyone has any information, resources, or advice to give me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you :)

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
People are expensive. A good starting point will be to look at the laws and regulations regarding ambulance services for your state. Next up, call around private services and hospitals w/ EMS departments and see if anyone in a management position would be receptive to your questions.

OP
OP
O

Olivia Morgan

Forum Ride Along
People are expensive. A good starting point will be to look at the laws and regulations regarding ambulance services for your state. Next up, call around private services and hospitals w/ EMS departments and see if anyone in a management position would be receptive to your questions.
Thank you, that does sound like a good place to start.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Lots of counties or cities may post the RFPs they request/get from contractors - might help you in terms of formatting, etc. You can google around for them.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi, I am a junior in high school and working on an EMS project for class. I am in the process of becoming EMR certified and am currently waiting to take my NREMT written exam. For the class, I am required to create a new budget for an EMS service in a county that was without one previously. I am looking for resources to make this project as accurate as possible and win the bid from a panel of judges including the county mayor and many other people who do this for a living. If anyone has any information, resources, or advice to give me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you :)

I'm not sure I knew anything about budgeting at your age. Have you ever prepared a simple budget for anything? If not, maybe try one that covers just your own income (do kids still get allowances?) and expenses. I think you'd learn a lot from that. Moving along to EMS, maybe start by listing all the expenses you can think of, then show that to someone in the field who can suggest what you missed.