Brutal rape and evisceration of Medic student in India

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...im-intestines-shocking-details_n_2340721.html

You've probably seen the rioting and demonstrations in India regarding the young who who was beaten, raped, and left eviscerated on the side of a road with her male companion, both close to death. It now sounds like she was one of our own. I just watched a news segment on CNN that said she was enrolled in a paramedic program and close to graduating.

The men who did this should be burned alive. Slowly.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
I ha ve read about the incident on Wikipedia as we were coming back to Miami from Orlando. They also stated that the girl is a paramedic student.... Damn shame that stuff like the happens :sad:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
This account is so "full of missing context" as one teacher put it in high school.

BUT, this case is apparently not a myth, it goes on daily (usually not to that degree), life is cheap there and female life cheaper.

And beating suspects is not uncommon when their answers don't meet the police's expectations.

No word if there was a sectarian element?

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Makes me sick that it happened to anyone; not just one of ours

Excellent point, you're absolutely right. I certainly didn't mean to imply that it is worse because she was in EMS only that it was new information, at least to me.

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

This account is so "full of missing context" as one teacher put it in high school.

BUT, this case is apparently not a myth, it goes on daily (usually not to that degree), life is cheap there and female life cheaper.

And beating suspects is not uncommon when their answers don't meet the police's expectations.

No word if there was a sectarian element?

Plenty of info in other articles and on the news, I chose this article as it was the only online one I found that mentioned that she was working to be a paramedic. No info on it being a sectarian attack and from what I've seen and read I don't think this was the case.

mycrofft

I posted elsewhere a link to a very (suspiciously) similar case in India where the atraumatic evisceration (name of thread) was allegedly caused by intercourse and left with about a meter (!) of prolapsed bowel for three or four DAYS before coming in for care.
http://www.pssjournal.com/content/5/1/6

PS: a better, later article from Britain about this event. Nothing about any sectarian stuff, seems to be just savages brutalizing people they think can't get back at them.http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/19/gang-rape-new-delhi-bus

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

By "this event" I meant the gang rape and beating.