• September

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • October

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Ok Gang,

I'm going to do polls step by step to narrow everything down. We know it'll be Orlando, FL. So to make it easy lets just start with the month we all can agree on...

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
At this point, October would be best as we are going to need as much time as possible to set this up.

disassociative

Forum Captain

Here is an idea:

Do a comparative analysis of Flight Prices for each one of the three months
between let's say 5 airlines

Now; Average the values of each month seperately

next: Choose the lowest price and match the month.

Works on computers; why not real life.

Now take the averages from above

and come up with other averages from different travel/booking sites

Compare the 3 lowest averages; and boom

You now have cheapest flight, cheapest month, best deal.

- End Neurotransmission

Last edited by a moderator:

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I think October sounds good.

Cheap airfare? http://www.kayak.com <--- neat site. Grabs airfare from quite a few airlines and seems to do a better job than expedia.

Don't forget Allegiant Airlines and Sun Country Airlines. Two other good & affordable airlines that fly into Orlando. :-D

disassociative

Forum Captain

Wait a minute, fm_emt; I thought we agreed on LifeFlight; you backin out on me?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I don't think I can go... we're planning the wedding, and we're also going to the EMS Expo in Vegas at the end of September (the department pays for the Chief, but not his fiance...) http://www.publicsafetyevents.com/pub/ems/index.po

So I think I'm going to be pretty poor come October. :(

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
October works best for me too, it's cooler, the toursim isn't so bad and I'm having a hysterectomy this month and I'd like to be healed when I get up there. I'll give it 2 more days for others to add thier opinions.

I'll do an price analyisis on hotels when we get an actual date. But we have too many people in different locations for me to find the best airline or price.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
disassociative said:
Wait a minute, fm_emt; I thought we agreed on LifeFlight; you backin out on me?

I don't think LifeFlight will get me from CA to FL. :p

Besides, I can get there on American Airlines for about 300 bucks. :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Jenn, I don't think we should worry about the airlines, or how people will get there. Different airlines cover different parts of the country, and for you or I to try to figure out which one is the cheapest will give us a stroke.

If you want, we can work together on the hotel issue. If you want to call some places up, I can go check them out.

Chimp

disassociative

Forum Captain

fm_emt said:
I don't think LifeFlight will get me from CA to FL. :p

Besides, I can get there on American Airlines for about 300 bucks. :)

$300; that ain't bad. Is it roundtrip?

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Chimpie, My thoughts exactly on the airline issue. As far as hotels, sounds like a great idea, but lets wait until we have a date, most hotels run specials in Orlando and I might be able to snag one if I call with the actual dates.

I'll give this poll another day or so then run another for the next step.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok...I like October. I am actually taking my son to Orlando in 3 days...Yep, for the week of the 4th of July....and yes I am freaking crazy!

I am not committing to making it though. You know, its me and my boy....and a vacation away without him isn't feasible....will have to see.....how about the first week in October???

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
disassociative said:
$300; that ain't bad. Is it roundtrip?

Yup. Round trip from either SFO or SJC. That's one good thing about living near SFO.. can't beat the airfare.

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
EMTPrincess said:
Ok...I like October. I am actually taking my son to Orlando in 3 days...Yep, for the week of the 4th of July....and yes I am freaking crazy!

I am not committing to making it though. You know, its me and my boy....and a vacation away without him isn't feasible....will have to see.....how about the first week in October???

I'm bringing my hubby and maybe the kids. (Depends on if mom will watch them or not)

and we already knew you were crazy....it's ok :p