Boy or Girl

lifeway

Forum Crew Member
Rough night, long shifts. Next morning at work I drank about 6 cups of coffee to get to functional level. The coffee started to get to me while out on calls with my partner. I hit the restrooms at every hospital. Heading back to base my partner asks, "So is it a boy or girl."

EMTIsee

Forum Crew Member
That is a highly disrespectful comment. If not border line sexual harassment! I would assume that if he is your regular, run partner. He meant no harm.

OP
OP
lifeway

lifeway

Forum Crew Member
That is a highly disrespectful comment. If not border line sexual harassment! I would assume that if he is your regular, run partner. He meant no harm.

We're friends and he didn't mean anything by it. It seemed kind of humorous at the time.

EMTIsee

Forum Crew Member
I will agree under the circumstance. It is humorous. Glad i'm not the only one coffee goes threw. Have you had the enjoyment, of having this problem on a three hour transfer? I hope you never do.

OP
OP
lifeway

lifeway

Forum Crew Member
I will agree under the circumstance. It is humorous. Glad i'm not the only one coffee goes threw. Have you had the enjoyment, of having this problem on a three hour transfer? I hope you never do.
I do international medic work and in some of the more remote areas with long transfers it does get difficult at times.

OP
OP
lifeway

lifeway

Forum Crew Member
eight? Children should still be losing teeth. Not having a child of their own.

I couldn't agree more with you it's not just the physical capability of being able to conceive but having the emotional maturity and capability to be a mother.

EMTIsee

Forum Crew Member
Should is the keyword. Welcome to the human race

The computer and cellulare phone
I couldn't agree more with you it's not just the physical capability of being able to conceive but having the emotional maturity and capability to be a mother.

The human race has evolved to a point. Where there is no place to go; but down sadly. I see more, Grandparents, raising children. This creates a generation gap. Problems sometimes arise. I can remember where most not all. Family's the children had the same last name. Once more added instability.

EMTIsee

Forum Crew Member
Very, working as a student nurse and EMT those type cases are very hard to deal with emotionally. My heart just goes out to them.[/QUOT

Try not to let it bother you to much. I mean be human, show compassion. Just don't let it keep you up at night.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Reading some of the ages of those mothers and who the fathers where and their ages a lot of appear to be abuse cases.
Working in EMS we are often dragged into the scum of the human race. Abuse cases and neglect cases are fairly common depending in the area you work in.

EMTIsee

Forum Crew Member
Working in EMS we are often dragged into the scum of the human race. Abuse cases and neglect cases are fairly common depending in the area you work in.

I will admit to having to bit my tongue. When I responded to a trouble breathing and the daughter was screaming. Quote " Your f***** fine! Why did you call them. Your asthma is in your head!" Pt. was in clear distress.