Bowers Rural/Metro West (LB interview)

JBLS14

Forum Probie
i got a interview @ bowers, i been a EMT for 3 years IFT company L.A, what should i expect as far as PAY RATE @ Bowers????

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
It depends but be aware that they have variable shifts. When I applied a couple years ago they had 8,10,12's depending in the length it could be 11/hr on a 8-10hr shift but only 9.something an hour on a 12. They pay you less to work more. Which I didn't agree with and refused the offer.

OP
OP
JBLS14

JBLS14

Forum Probie
WOW thats crazy, hmm Is there any company out there that will pay me decent for a 3 year veteran lol I'm currently getting 12 but the company i work for is so shady and I'm just over it

DieselBolus

Forum Crew Member
The reduced pay for 12s still brings you ahead with overtime factored in. Most IFT companies' pay is DOE. No harm in applying and interviewing to see what they offer.

WOW thats crazy, hmm Is there any company out there that will pay me decent for a 3 year veteran lol I'm currently getting 12 but the company i work for is so shady and I'm just over it
Are you willing to possibly relocate? There are some good companies in Kern County.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
i got a interview @ bowers, i been a EMT for 3 years IFT company L.A, what should i expect as far as PAY RATE @ Bowers????
Go in and check it out. If the pays no good turn it down. I would pick a trusted name with low pay over a high pay shady company though. But thats just me lol

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain

What is your ultimate career goal if you don't mind my asking? 3 years of IFT is a long time. There are other areas that are not to far away that will give you the 911 experience as well as the IFT mix. You would also work with a paramedic. Do not sell yourself short and burn yourself out jumping from IFT company to IFT company.

OP
OP
JBLS14

JBLS14

Forum Probie
kern county yea... thats too far, I'm over living in l.a, but i just gotta deal with it, family is here i can't leave them.... my ultimate goal is to work as a EMT for a good company that will take care of us employees and not treat us like these shady IFT company that don't give a **** about us. now that the new year is gonna start i wanted to start my Online school for IT tech, thats my other passion. so to the main point i want A GREAT company,
that will pay decent and give me time to do my online school.

kern county yea... thats too far, I'm over living in l.a, but i just gotta deal with it, family is here i can't leave them.... my ultimate goal is to work as a EMT for a good company that will take care of us employees and not treat us like these shady IFT company that don't give a **** about us. now that the new year is gonna start i wanted to start my Online school for IT tech, thats my other passion. so to the main point i want A GREAT company,
that will pay decent and give me time to do my online school.
Kern County is about an hour drive from LACo if that. One of my coworkers does the drive weekly. You say you want a good company but you're not willing to look into the alternatives outside of LACo, eh? All I can tell you is that my company truly cares about its employees, and it shows... Also, after working for Rural/Metro, the company who owns Bowers, I'm glad I made the move north. I loved the people I worked with, but not the politics.

Last edited:
Angel, it appear that we're still actively hiring EMT's and Paramedics.