boston

piranah

Forum Captain
Just went to beth israel for the first time...lots of cataldo trucks....nice place... Anyone work for cataldo? Nice trucks too..

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Cataldo is a great company, and has a contract for all the CCTs and most of the ALS IFT out of the BI. If I recall correctly, the Farr building has individual floor ambulance contracts-- so at least four companies cover the building (discharges only). I believe Cataldo takes the rest. There is some sort of relationship between the BI and Cataldo, in relation to Fenway Park and the Red Sox, because I know they both also cover it.

Nice trucks, progressive protocols, ePCRs, good stuff. Did you have a chance to poke around the BI ER?

OP
OP
piranah

piranah

Forum Captain
Just to tranfer care...really nice...good setup

imurphy

Forum Captain
I work in Cataldo. I actually went there on advice from here.

It is a nice company, and the trucks are good. The trucks generally post there during the day from the Boston base, as we have a crew room there, so if you want to talk to a Cataldo crew, be at the BI any day really! No ePcr's yet. Coming soon I've been told!

As Dan said though, pretty progressive, and growing.

The BI contract is good and has an ALS unit 24/7 pretty much on site. You'll see it marked as a Beth Isrial ambulance (Run by cataldo on the Side doors)

During the night I think we take all the calls form ED to the East building. I think the Fenway thing is BI is the official hospital of the Red sox, so it's somethign to do with that. At least thats what my BI card says!

Who you with Piranah.

vquintessence

Forum Captain
Cataldo is a great company, and has a contract for all the CCTs and most of the ALS IFT out of the BI. If I recall correctly, the Farr building has individual floor ambulance contracts-- so at least four companies cover the building (discharges only). I believe Cataldo takes the rest. There is some sort of relationship between the BI and Cataldo, in relation to Fenway Park and the Red Sox, because I know they both also cover it.

Nice trucks, progressive protocols, ePCRs, good stuff. Did you have a chance to poke around the BI ER?

So basically they're like every other ambulance company in MA except Fallon :p