Borrow, rent or maybe buy ARC Wilderness First Aid instructor's training manual.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Want to know if I can ethically challenge it or if I need to take the entire instructor's course. I've taken FIT and taught seven classes in two months of regular AED/CPR/first aid. PM or email me please.

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Talk to your chapter and see if there is a bridge outline form CPR/AED Pro to this. There most likely is.

If not, I would ask if the curriculum is going to change in the next few months. ARC is rolling out new materials in most of their classes by September.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

They do and they are, but they would "rather" I took the course.

I bet I can schwing throught any exam.

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Of course they would! They would also like to collect the course fee!

If they have a bridge and will allow you to self orient and challenge, do it! I got a little torqued with my ARC chapter when they got cross with me about the EMR course. They would not allow me to challenge it, even though my training exceeds the EMR level by about 1 million percent.

Oh well. Their loss.

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
By the way, did you know FIT is going away in September? I am an IT for lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR/AED FPR. Keep up with your chapter, changes are on the way...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
FIT was a joke. I'm glad it's going away. I was a paid staff instructor at my chapter, taught lay CPR, lots of workplace cpr/fa, CPRO, and emergency response once per quarter. I loved teaching, but hated the politics. Thats what drove me away. And yeah, you can bridge to WFA. Look on the instructors corner webpage.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Thanks all.

I just got the local catalogue, the class is only eight hours and $100, I can hopefully roll my to be refunded CPR instructor tuition to tat and have some $ to spare.

n7Ix1, I'll try that webpage, altnhough I've been underwhelmed by it so far.

WTEngle, thanks. I took FIT twice, once was informative, the second was informative, neither did what it was purported to do largely because the mandatory DVD basically overruns the instructor if you want to keep oin schedule and not lose your students. IOf FIT is abolished, it will rsurface in another form. (The written test is supposedly being made obsolete, but the local chapter has announced informally they wil not abandon it).

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

And as always I apologize for my typos.