Boring?? Not So Much!

Miss EMT

Forum Crew Member
Oh where to begin. Well First off I had school today. Can you believe it?? School on a Sunday!! Well I was planning on a dull boring day but it turned out to be fairly interesting. See our class split into 5 groups, with 5 different stations to go to. Well lets just say my group had a tendency to break things. Our first station was BLS airway. Not bad or so you would think. Lets just say our manikin now has a permanent open airway ( Jaw thrust a success--maybe not) airway is open though. Well our second station was starting an I.V. Well I love starting I.Vs so no problem right? Wrong. I go to put the tourniquet on and it snaps (maybe thats why my patients complain about the tourniquet being to tight.lol) in my defense it was dry rotted. Anyways in the ALS airway station we got the bag mask stuck on the combitube. We finally got it loose. Anyways It turned out to be a fun day. Im pretty sure the instructors were glad when we left though.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
oops. never mind, guess your a medic student. how is medic school going? I had class to day too

OP
OP
Miss EMT

Miss EMT

Forum Crew Member
Well im an emt basic but Im in paramedic school so we are learning lots of ALS skills.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Well im an emt basic but Im in paramedic school so we are learning lots of ALS skills.

I was going whoa.. strange basic school. :lol: I think you can pretty much expect medic school to never be boring. Have fun! :)