bored.......

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
so it's 11pm here on a friday night and I'm bored. They switched my work shift from the evenings to 7am-7pm for this weekend (sat and sunday) and I am NOT a morning person. I won't be able to fall asleep until 3 or 4am and I have to be up at 5:30 for work. uggggg, this sucks. Anyway what are you all up to? going out? Drinking? hooking up? :p
Who do you people usually go out with at night? I hang out with a lot of people in the EMS and RN fields. I have friends outside these circles, but they have no idea what my job is like. oh well, have a safe and happy weekend. Enjoy the super bowl if your a football fan (i'm not)

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
I'm on duty...6 PM tonight until 6 AM Monday. We have three crews that rotate, so we're "on" every third weekend. Basically means I have to stay in town and respond to any calls. I'm actually staffing the ambulance right now 'til tomorrow morning at 8 when we go in for station maintenance.

Lately, haven't had much time for going out. Between work, the department, a city council sub-committee I sit on (representing the dept.), church committees and other volunteer stuff, I seem to have something going on most every night...and when I don't, I just want to relax. Oh yeah, have a 14 month old little girl too. :D

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I'm in pretty much the same position. Work/school/kids/house. I'm supposed to be doing a research paper at the moment, but I keep getting distracted by websites. (I'm the queen of procrastination) It's also my husbands weekend on duty (he works 6pm to 6am) and we have a 2 y/o & a 4y/o. When we do go out we usually drop off the kids and go out to dinner then play some pool, but that's maybe once a month. Mostly on Jay's weekend off duty my brother and husband's comrades come over to play the xbox while I study (they work together). Or we take the kids to the beach. Usual stuff.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by medic03@Feb 4 2005, 11:07 PM
so it's 11pm here on a friday night and I'm bored. They switched my work shift from the evenings to 7am-7pm for this weekend (sat and sunday) and I am NOT a morning person. I won't be able to fall asleep until 3 or 4am and I have to be up at 5:30 for work. uggggg, this sucks. Anyway what are you all up to? going out? Drinking? hooking up? :p
Who do you people usually go out with at night? I hang out with a lot of people in the EMS and RN fields. I have friends outside these circles, but they have no idea what my job is like. oh well, have a safe and happy weekend. Enjoy the super bowl if your a football fan (i'm not)
You should have called me...

So you're working 7 - 7... that means you can stop by after work for my StuporBowl party... ;)

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Superbowl? Wow, I didn't know that was this weekend. I don't even know whos playing.

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Phridae@Feb 5 2005, 08:47 AM
Superbowl? Wow, I didn't know that was this weekend. I don't even know whos playing.
WHAT?!?!?! Sorry but I don't know how you can work anywhere near a firehouse and not know who is playing.... E-A-G-L-E-S Go EAGLES!!!!!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by 40sCutest+Feb 5 2005, 12:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (40sCutest @ Feb 5 2005, 12:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Phridae@Feb 5 2005, 08:47 AM
WHAT?!?!?! Sorry but I don't know how you can work anywhere near a firehouse and not know who is playing.... E-A-G-L-E-S Go EAGLES!!!!!! [/b][/quote]
Who are they????

Jon

emtbuff

Forum Captain
What am I doing this weekend? Well not what I am suppose to. I have a test on mobity for nursing on Monday. Work tommarrow morning (Sunday) from 7-3. Worked this mornining from 7-10. And am on call. I will probley be sleeping a lot as I am exhusted from having this cold. Put it this way I am sick of being sick. ;)

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I do not like footabll on the tube much either. I am on shift tommorrow so I will watch the superbowl only because of that. Otherwise I am just waiting impatiently for the beginning of the NASCAR season!! :D My Sundays will then have meaning once again.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Playing pool is as close as I get to sports :ph34r:

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Feb 5 2005, 04:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Feb 5 2005, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 40sCutest@Feb 5 2005, 12:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Phridae
@Feb 5 2005, 08:47 AM

WHAT?!?!?! Sorry but I don't know how you can work anywhere near a firehouse and not know who is playing.... E-A-G-L-E-S Go EAGLES!!!!!!
Who are they????

Jon [/b][/quote]
Seriously, I havent heard anything from anyone. I even go have coffee most morning at the firehouse and theres been no talk.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Phridae+Feb 6 2005, 10:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phridae @ Feb 6 2005, 10:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Feb 5 2005, 04:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Phridae

Who are they????

Jon
Seriously, I havent heard anything from anyone. I even go have coffee most morning at the firehouse and theres been no talk. [/b][/quote]
Yeah - 40's, WhackerDude, and myself are all from Philadelphia area.

So we have to cheer for the team that manages to break our hearts year after year:

GO EAGLES!!!!!

Oh, and I saw this and thought it was appropriate:

Bud Light Presents, Real Men of Genius: Today we salute you, oh loyal Philadelphia Eagles fan. You, for the past 24 years, have waited for your birds to return to the Superbowl. Week after week you have sang the Eagles' fight song, spelled out your team's name loudly for all to hear, and danced along with TO. You have thanked Freddie Mitchell's hands for being so great and God for the current weather conditions. Others try to rain on your parade, but you preach a higher gospel - one team, one city, one dream. So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light, drop down and get your Eagle on, and welcome your Eagles to Superbowl XXXIX!

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
Well I worked my 24 on Sunday. Watched the Superbowl cause my partner wanted too.

No one had a wardrobe malfunction this year, thank goodness. I was bored to tears, so I posted last night during the game. I am from Maryland so if the Ravens weren't playing in it, I don't care if I watch or not.

Now kids - 2 more weeks - Daytona 500. You can be sure I won't want to be on the computer during the race. Thank goodness NASCAR will be back. I think I am going to the dover race this year - YEAH! :lol:

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by Margaritaville@Feb 7 2005, 08:25 AM
Well I worked my 24 on Sunday. Watched the Superbowl cause my partner wanted too.

No one had a wardrobe malfunction this year, thank goodness. I was bored to tears, so I posted last night during the game. I am from Maryland so if the Ravens weren't playing in it, I don't care if I watch or not.

Now kids - 2 more weeks - Daytona 500. You can be sure I won't want to be on the computer during the race. Thank goodness NASCAR will be back. I think I am going to the dover race this year - YEAH! :lol:
Oh good another NASCAR fan in the midst!!! We go to Vegas every year we can. We also go see the Busch drivers down at Pikes Peak every year.

I hate it for all you Eagles fans out there. It was a good game as far as no one getting blown out anyway...

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Well yes except for the humidity... Went to Daytona a couple of years ago. I have never sweat so much sitting in one place in my life. I will stay up here in the rocky mountain crisp air.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Feb 6 2005, 12:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Feb 6 2005, 12:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Phridae@Feb 6 2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Feb 5 2005, 04:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Phridae

Who are they????

Jon

Seriously, I havent heard anything from anyone. I even go have coffee most morning at the firehouse and theres been no talk.
Yeah - 40's, WhackerDude, and myself are all from Philadelphia area.

So we have to cheer for the team that manages to break our hearts year after year:

GO EAGLES!!!!!

Oh, and I saw this and thought it was appropriate:

Bud Light Presents, Real Men of Genius: Today we salute you, oh loyal Philadelphia Eagles fan. You, for the past 24 years, have waited for your birds to return to the Superbowl. Week after week you have sang the Eagles' fight song, spelled out your team's name loudly for all to hear, and danced along with TO. You have thanked Freddie Mitchell's hands for being so great and God for the current weather conditions. Others try to rain on your parade, but you preach a higher gospel - one team, one city, one dream. So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light, drop down and get your Eagle on, and welcome your Eagles to Superbowl XXXIX! [/b][/quote]
And who lost? :lol:

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
I don't even want to talk about that whole losing thing.... I'm just a little angry.

OP
OP
M

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
if the eagles had scored a TD at the end, I would have won 16 grand on a $300 box

:angry: