Boots and Footwear

MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
So we all have different ideas of what is comfortable but what is the most favored style of boot or foot wear on trucks and general work use? Does any body use Magnum boots? Any good recommended ones or avoided for work?

Thanks Mark

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
There is no favored boot. There are hundreds of boots out there and each person will like them for different reasons. Some like the cheap boots that you can replace every year or 6 months while others prefer the expensive boots that may last longer.

Some like slip on boots while others do not. Some like boots that zip up and others don't. Heck some like the side zip instead of the front zip.

Some people are limited by their company/departments SOGs on boots.

If you are looking into different kind of boots a search of the forum will provide you with tons of opinions on boots.

http://emtlife.com/search/1065333/?q=Boots&o=date&c[title_only]=1

OP
OP
MkVity

MkVity

Thanks Desert yes I guess you have to factor some areas may have preference to what you can wear and use for safety. :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Thanks Desert yes I guess you have to factor some areas may have preference to what you can wear and use for safety. :)
I added a link for several threads about boots for you in my first post.

It's just extremely hard to say which boot is best because there is no best boot. Everyone likes their boots for different reasons.

OP
OP
MkVity

MkVity

I added a link for several threads about boots for you in my first post.

It's just extremely hard to say which boot is best because there is no best boot. Everyone likes their boots for different reasons.

Yes of course. I was just curious to see if there was a common manufacture with everyone but will check out the link :)

Mark

BayAreaEMT

Forum Probie
I've used Magnum boots before, they make good stuff. I used both the stealth force and viper pros, both in 8" side zips. If i had to recommend one over the other, I'd say the Stealth Force, they were a bit more comfortable to me.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
gotta love the names of some of the boot models- stealth force viper death operator lightning ninja underwater knife fighting footwear (as used by special operations).com

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Redbacks tore up my socks. :/ I finally took my pair to goodwill.

I still really like my 5.11 ATAC shield boots.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't remember the specific model, but I've had my 5.11 6" boots for 2 years now and they do me wonders. Extremely comfortable to the point where I am that guy that keeps his boots on after a search, when everyone else switches to flip flops. I used mine on the truck and was perfectly fine, but use them most for wilderness SAR to include rope work and caving. Never had a problem. Thinking back, I would've got 8", but solely because of wilderness use.

I'd where them and BDUs in the ED if they let me. I don't know why people insist that scrubs are comfortable.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
So we all have different ideas of what is comfortable but what is the most favored style of boot or foot wear on trucks and general work use? Does any body use Magnum boots? Any good recommended ones or avoided for work?

I wear Magnum Stealth Force and I lover them, but they are women's. Lol. (And yes, I AM female. Haha)

Thanks Mark

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

Thanks Mark

I wear Magnum and love them. (Stealth Force ) But they are women's. Lol

RefriedEMT

Forum Lieutenant
So far I like my striker II EMS boots from Danner they have laces as well as a side zip, fit me perfectly and are very comfortable. They are on the more expensive side though although their a million times better than the cheap boots I had before them. They also have toe protection and a liner to keep blood and other fluids from getting inside the boot.

OP
OP
MkVity

MkVity

OP
OP
MkVity

MkVity

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
I vote for 5.11 with side zipper. I've had my original pair for going on 6 years and although they look a little beat up they are still comfy as heck. I wear them off duty when it's raining or I'm doing yard work or whatever.

Anjel

Forum Angel
OP
OP
MkVity

MkVity

Totally thought you were. Sorry dude

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-or-serious-e14739.jpg

Anjel

Forum Angel