Best unit for monitoring and telemetry

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Here's $50,000.00...

I too hate the Philips with a passion scarcely human. I would rather be castrated with a hammer than buy a Philips.

Buy me a Phillips and keep the change.

(Got a hammer?)

terrible one

Always wandering
Never used a Phillips, but it sounds like I don't want to.

I work at two ALS services and one has the lifepak 15 the other the zoll E-series. I cannot stand the zoll! Our monitors are pretty much useless, SpO2 readings of 100% all the time regardless, HR readings that jumps from 0-30-180-60-140-10, NiBP that gives readings of 62/24 all the time... I swear I don't even know why we have them. Much better off just taking standard vitals and watching s/s

emtpche

Forum Crew Member
I prefer the LP12'swith Zoll as my second choice. Not overly impress with the Phillips, nice screen lots of alarms. The LP 15 is one slick device even without the CO monitoring aspect. It reads better in the sunlight, larger screen, better batteries, the handle has been redesigned for better handling. The thing can take a beating as well.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This site is great for getting general feedback, but please don't rely on just our community when making such a big decision. Find a local rep for each company, get a few loaners, and let the crews be part of the decision making process. What's great for one service may not be great for another.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
And if you plan on the unit being outside in the sun at all... *ever* do *NOT* get the zoll. You cannot see the screen in light. At least the color screen...

Scout

Para-Noid
This site is great for getting general feedback, but please don't rely on just our community when making such a big decision. Find a local rep for each company, get a few loaners, and let the crews be part of the decision making process. What's great for one service may not be great for another.

^^ This, IF everyone here says a X is the best and you go buy it. Your going to get an amount of trouble if everyone in your service likes Y

Simusid

Forum Captain
We had Zolls on our trucks for a few years and decided to replace them. We demo'ed the Philips, NOBODY liked them at all. Everyone loved the LP15 and thats what we bought. I like them, the medics like them and we can xfer data to our ePCR system.

Within the first month we had them shut down in use on two occasions. Our rep was on site within hours with replacements. Service is an important consideration too.

Icenine

Forum Crew Member
There is no substitute for hands on. The reps understand that people aren't going to make decisions w/ thousands of dollars from pictures. Gather a group of a few people and eliminate one of the three. Then bring the other two in on a training night ang have everyone play w/ them.

Put them through the ringer and a battery of questions. How does it hold up to rain? Cold? Heat? Can you see it in sunlight? Battery life? Artifact? Durability against roughness? How much for calibration? Price of accessories? Ease of access to accessories? Etc...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
There is no substitute for hands on. The reps understand that people aren't going to make decisions w/ thousands of dollars from pictures. Gather a group of a few people and eliminate one of the three. Then bring the other two in on a training night ang have everyone play w/ them.

Put them through the ringer and a battery of questions. How does it hold up to rain? Cold? Heat? Can you see it in sunlight? Battery life? Artifact? Durability against roughness? How much for calibration? Price of accessories? Ease of access to accessories? Etc...

^^^This! I came in to work and the LP12s were gone, replaced with Phillips. Of course, our Lifepaks were old, without ETCO2 or NIBP... but still.

Quite a shock to come into work and see all new monitors. (and yeah, the pun was intended.)

Veneficus

Forum Chief
^^^This! I came in to work and the LP12s were gone, replaced with Phillips. Of course, our Lifepaks were old, without ETCO2 or NIBP... but still.

Quite a shock to come into work and see all new monitors. (and yeah, the pun was intended.)

My condolences,

You would be better off with AEDs or life pac 5's.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My condolences,

You would be better off with AEDs or life pac 5's.

Haha. We have a couple of old LP10s that we keep for spares, backups. I asked if I could take one of those instead. My Question was met with a stony glare.