Best Rural Gigs?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Just curious, pretty well set where I am for the time being as I work to gain experience, complete my Medic cert and some other schooling. I just love to keep my options open.

Looking to see what others consider some of the better career rural services, primarily in the Mountain West as I'm loving it out here. Just in terms of progressive protocols, advancement opportunities, community paramedic programs etc.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I work in rural SW Missouri. Our largest town has 10,000 people and a total county population of 50,000 over 560sq miles.

We are competitive in pay (like actually, when other services raise their pay, we match it). Health, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance is paid 100% by the employer. We have a fantastic pension plan. We are an all ALS service, with many double medic trucks.

Protocol highlights, if you think of these things as progressive: Ketamine drips, Esmolol, TXA, Ultrasound.

Good education. Advancement opportunities and professional development including paid conferences with travel and reimbursement for college though your Masters.

Great atmosphere. We're a rural service with a high speed feel. You get the best of both here.

FiremanMike

EMS Coordinator
I work in rural SW Missouri. Our largest town has 10,000 people and a total county population of 50,000 over 560sq miles.

We are competitive in pay (like actually, when other services raise their pay, we match it). Health, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance is paid 100% by the employer. We have a fantastic pension plan. We are an all ALS service, with many double medic trucks.

Protocol highlights, if you think of these things as progressive: Ketamine drips, Esmolol, TXA, Ultrasound.

Good education. Advancement opportunities and professional development including paid conferences with travel and reimbursement for college though your Masters.

Great atmosphere. We're a rural service with a high speed feel. You get the best of both here.
What’s your indication for esmolol and how do you guys use ultrasound?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
What’s your indication for esmolol and how do you guys use ultrasound?
Esmolol is for refractory VF. 500mcg/kg bolus followed by 50mcg/kg/min drip.

Ultrasound is currently limited to assessment of wall motion (for determining if PEA is true or not) in cardiac arrest. In the future we will be adding other POCUS exams.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Ultrasound is currently limited to assessment of wall motion (for determining if PEA is true or not) in cardiac arrest. In the future we will be adding other POCUS exams.
....wow