Best EMS iPhone/Smartphone Case?

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
What do you use to protect your (expensive!) phone while at work?

I picked up a Lifeproof today, with the 2" belt clip for duty belts. Really like it except that it cuts the speaker volume (music, alerts) by about 1/2. Frustrating since I play music through it on nearly a daily basis. There's also a weird vibration noise depending on which way I hold it or set it down... ;)

I'll stick with it for a bit longer to see if its something I can get used to. I'd hate to return it because of that reason alone. :eek:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Used an otter box for over a year until I broke it at hurricane sandy. Now I'm using a lifeproof case. I looked at some cases by griffin (I believe that's the name) and also looked at a case that is $140 (the advertisement for it said its made tough for firefighters).

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
In the nearly 20 years I've owned a cell phone, I have never had to wash one with soap or water. Why would that be an issue or factor?

I carry mine in a Balistic hardcore case. Same level of protection as the Otterbox defender, just a bit thinner. Iused to love the Otterbox until they changed the silicone mold. Now it is harder and less conforming and tends to stretch over time.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
In the nearly 20 years I've owned a cell phone, I have never had to wash one with soap or water. Why would that be an issue or factor?

I carry mine in a Balistic hardcore case. Same level of protection as the Otterbox defender, just a bit thinner. Iused to love the Otterbox until they changed the silicone mold. Now it is harder and less conforming and tends to stretch over time.

You never once got blood or any foreign substance on your phone? I just wash it right off...

Hell I wash it if I have to let the patient use my phone to speak to the doctor...

medic417

The Truth Provider
Buy an indestructible water proof phone. Then don't have to worry about a high dollar case.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Buy an indestructible water proof phone. Then don't have to worry about a high dollar case.

It's cheaper to replace a case under warranty that it is to replace an iphone not under warranty :wacko:

medic417

The Truth Provider
It's cheaper to replace a case under warranty that it is to replace an iphone not under warranty :wacko:

iphones are wimps. I said an indestructible phone.;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Those indestructible phones always clash with my outfit. Whereas the iPhone and lifeproof case go with whatever I am wearing :rofl:

Achilles

Forum Moron

That is true. They are made of glass
th_Smiley-Facepalm.gif

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
You never once got blood or any foreign substance on your phone? I just wash it right off...

Hell I wash it if I have to let the patient use my phone to speak to the doctor...

Nope, I keep it concealed where the exposure is not a possibility (i.e. don't wear it on my belt). We can't wear them on the outside of our flightsuit, so in the pocket she stays.

On the other note, it will be a cold day in hell before a patient goes anywhere near my personal phone. They can speak to the doctor when we arrive at the hospital. If for some odd reason the patient needs to use a phone, they can use their own or, depending on the need, the crew phone.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Just bought an IPhone 5. Anyone else have on? I had the otterbox for my 4 but I keep hearing mixed reviews about the lifeproof. I might just wait for the Taktik

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Just bought an IPhone 5. Anyone else have on? I had the otterbox for my 4 but I keep hearing mixed reviews about the lifeproof. I might just wait for the Taktik

I refuse to pay extra for a 1/2" longer version of what I already have.

And it looks like a TV remote.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I refuse to pay extra for a 1/2" longer version of what I already have.

And it looks like a TV remote.

My 16GB 4s was totally full so I went with a 32GB 5. The faster processing/Internet speed is very noticeable

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
My 16GB 4s was totally full so I went with a 32GB 5. The faster processing/Internet speed is very noticeable

What do you people put on your phones to fill that much...

FLdoc2011

Forum Captain
What do you people put on your phones to fill that much...

Music, videos, podcasts, PDF books, documents/presentations, apps.... it fills up quickly.

My iphone 5 is 32gb, it's pretty full but I think this will be enough for a while. Actually make good use of iTunes Match service and keeping basically all my music "on the cloud" which saves a lot of space.