Best boots for the money

marcus2011

Forum Crew Member
Aight guys ive searched this topic but could not find a good answer on it. I need to buy some new boots for my job and clinical. They need to be OSHA and NFPA approved. Im looking for some sturdy boots that will last but will also be comfortable to last through 12 hours of work. Also I would like to buy them from the firestore since they owe me some credit on an old purchase. Thanks guys

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Haix Airpower R2's. Best boot you will ever buy.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
No problem. The county bought me a pair and I can't believe how great they feel. I worked a street fair a few weeks ago and was on my feet for 10 hours. Got home and my feet didn't hurt and didn't stink.

OP
OP
M

marcus2011

Forum Crew Member
After weighing some options i decided on some bates 8 inch with side zippers...gonna see how they work out hopefully they will do good

crazycajun

Forum Captain
After weighing some options i decided on some bates 8 inch with side zippers...gonna see how they work out hopefully they will do good

Good luck with the Bates. I had some and hated them especially when I worked a fair or festival. Seems like the sun bakes you feet in them. My feet also killed me after a busy shift. Hopefully it will be different for you.

OP
OP
M

marcus2011

Forum Crew Member
Good luck with the Bates. I had some and hated them especially when I worked a fair or festival. Seems like the sun bakes you feet in them. My feet also killed me after a busy shift. Hopefully it will be different for you.

Hopefully it will....these boots just have to get me through about six months of working so I can grab another pair when my finances get straight. I hate being inbetween jobs

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
danner portland oregon, rain-forest model, greatest boot i ever wore

Yes! I don't know if I have the rain-forest model, but danner is AMAZING!

Anjel

Forum Angel
I have had my bates 6 mnths. I hate them with a passion.

My feet stink, hurt, and they are hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im ordering new ones monday

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
Some hate for the Bates round here, I love mine though. I use the Ultra Lights with side zips and I like them a lot. very cheap too. They can get hot if you wear thick socks but otherwise I have no complaints. They tend to run pretty big though. I normally wear a 9.5...but I'm an 8.5/9 in Bates.

Bottom line, get the boots that fit you best. Everyone's feet are different.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Some hate for the Bates round here, I love mine though. I use the Ultra Lights with side zips and I like them a lot. very cheap too. They can get hot if you wear thick socks but otherwise I have no complaints. They tend to run pretty big though. I normally wear a 9.5...but I'm an 8.5/9 in Bates.

Bottom line, get the boots that fit you best. Everyone's feet are different.
The best boots for the money are the ones that both protect and fit your feet best while allowing for all-day comfort. Then cost comes in to play. My feet liked to be in Rocky 1st Med boots... but they do not make those any more. The only gripe I ever had with them is that they lasted about 2 years. The sole and liner (different areas) would both wear through at about the same time, so I'd have to replace the entire boot. However, from day 1, they were comfortable and supportive, no break-in period required.

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
I really like those.. But the fact that they aren't steel toe is what is making me hesitate on buying them...

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
The boots I use are Wolverine brand. I have used in the past Caterpiller brand, and Harley Davidson brand. One thing i require from my boots is either steel toe or safety toe. There was a pair of SWAT boots that I wanted, but it had no safety or steel toe available for that model.

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
What's really funny is that the boots I currently own, I paid $25 for and they're not actually medic boots. They're black leather jungle boots I got off a military surplus site. I actually love them but I'm going to have to sink money into a new pair because they're the classic tie-ups and they're a size or so too big (I'm new to figuring out my size in men's boots, okay?). Other than that, I'd keep them forever. Comfortable and breathe well and I've never had a problem thusfar with them... Other than the haviing to double sock to get them to fit(ish) but you know...

That being said I'm currently torn between the A.T.A.C. boots for women from 5.11 (side zip), and the Airpower X1s from Haix (front zip). Cool thing about the Haix ones is I can get them for $140 because Haix has a "factory seconds" section of their website. Usable but not "perfect" (re: cosmetic flaws) boots for sometimes 60% off... yes please.

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
thorogood hellfire power ems/wildland

i have a pair of the thorogood hellfire power ems/ wild land boots they are front zip and aside from the weight of them they are the most comfortable boots ive worn love them and the price didnt hurt too bad at around 200