Best ambulance company to work for in Southern Orange County?

hansolo92

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone,

I just got my license at an EMT-B and I'm starting to apply for jobs. I know there isn't a best company to work for because it seems like most companies don't treat their employees well from what I've read in the forum.

So which is, I guess, the least "bad" company to work for in Southern Orange County? I've already applied to Liberty, Lifeline, and Emergency. Any opinions about Care, Lynch, Doctors, and Americare? Any companies I should consider that I haven't mentioned?

I apologize if this question has been asked, I just want a more recent opinion and advice about this. Thank you so much for reading and I look forward to reading your replies!

drl

Forum Lieutenant
If you're talking about the Care Ambulance that runs 911 in some areas of LA Co and Orange Co, they're a pretty good company to work for (and are now under Falck ownership, I believe). Now, if you're talking about Care Medical Transportation that does IFT mainly in San Diego... they're no better than most of the other SD IFT ambulance companies.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
The ones in northern orange county are better.

OCEMTDOC

Forum Ride Along
Lifeline is pretty flexible as far as schedule goes (if you're part-time). You don't see any emergencies though. The pay is good though.

Care, I've heard, is not too flexible with their schedule, the pay is less, but you get to see a lot of emergencies.