Basics Give Tylenol and Zofran now?!

TheUnderTaker

Forum Ride Along
What is this! We are now giving 1000mg of Tylenol for adult pain relief of broken bones and oral zofran for basics. How can this be, this causes basics to try and run calls they may very well need to be intercepted. Am I the only one who sees the writing on the wall here?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you worried you're gonna get laid off because Basics can do more for what are already BLS level patients? That they can do more than just say "I'm sorry, that sucks, well we'll be at the hospital shortly..." I've def have had that conversation more than a few times

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
What is this! We are now giving 1000mg of Tylenol for adult pain relief of broken bones and oral zofran for basics. How can this be, this causes basics to try and run calls they may very well need to be intercepted. Am I the only one who sees the writing on the wall here?
My EMT partner *gasp* gives IV Zofran through IV he started...

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Eh I'm not surprised by both. If the Pt is BLS but has minor pain or nauseous, kinda sucks having to make it ALS just to give zofran and Tylenol. 1000mg is probably still less than whatthe patient would of took at his/her house 🤷🏼‍♂️

Does anyone here give ofrimed (IV Tylenol)??? just out of curiosity

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Where is this? I want to be able to give PO and IM Zofran....

BTW, if a drug is OTC, why shouldn't an EMT be able to give it, if it is given appropriately?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What’s the problem with this? Granted I think the entry level needs to be aemt or equivalent, but there’s not anything bad about this

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Basics here are getting albuterol.

Somebody call the cops!!!
Lol I've been in EMS for 13, 14 years... And when I did my initial EMT-B training in NM we could draw and administer Epi, give duonebs, and give APAP and ASA. In some states that's unheard of.