Back in the Box

terrible one

Always wandering
Well my short vacation looks to be over. I had quit working last spring to go back to school and get my degree. While finishing my pre-reqs this summer/fall so I could transfer, I tried to find something outside of EMS (cable tech, delivery driver, aircraft refueler, just to name a few I applied to) and wasn't able to get anything.
So.... short of cash I applied to a few IFT companies and ended up getting a Full Time spot with a fairly large company. I really would have preferred part time as I have finals in just over a month, orientation for a reserve FD, and one last class to complete in the spring. Although it is not the high paced 911 I was used to it will be nice to take things slower and pay attention to whats going after the ER.
And.... at this point and in this economy I'll take what I get. Hopefully by summer I can switch to part time though. I will also look to apply to some 911 companies as well in the summer months.
Anyway it will be nice to be working again after about 6 months of unemployment :ph34r:

Symbolic

Forum Crew Member
Thats great man, hope it works out. Gotta take what you can get. There seems to be a lot of medics/emt's who are struggling to find work right now, so kudos to you! As you mentioned already, at least you have your foot in the door and could possibly consider stepping down to part time to finish school.