Awwww yeah!

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I applied with another local ambulance company.

My first day is tomorrow. :D

My regular service doesn't have any events during the winter months, and I've been itching to get back out there. This will be great because the new company is aware of my other service but they don't compete in the same areas. They're not going to make me quit my other service - AMR would have.

I'm going to be working weekends and the occasional weekday evening shift. I'm really excited about it. :-D

EMTkels

Forum Probie
Awww Sweet!

Congrats! That sounds awesome. I can't wait until I can get out there and do the same!! Good luck with the new job!!

:)

OP
OP
fm_emt

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Finished the day w/o killing anyone

That's always a good thing. Few transports, spent a lot of time stuck in Bay Area traffic, but it was a pretty good day overall. I had a good time. :)

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
yea im thinking about getting a paid job for a while on top of my volly stuff i need some more cash for bills !

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
SWEET!!!!! I LOVE THE BAY AREA!! congrats and be safe ^_^

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I applied with another local ambulance company.

My first day is tomorrow. :D

My regular service doesn't have any events during the winter months, and I've been itching to get back out there. This will be great because the new company is aware of my other service but they don't compete in the same areas. They're not going to make me quit my other service - AMR would have.

I'm going to be working weekends and the occasional weekday evening shift. I'm really excited about it. :-D
Good for you!

As for AMR... do they do events? AMR around here doesn't care so much about outside employment if it isn't a direct competitor (like working for them and another Transport company).

OP
OP
fm_emt

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Good for you!

As for AMR... do they do events? AMR around here doesn't care so much about outside employment if it isn't a direct competitor (like working for them and another Transport company).

Yeah, they do events around here. With my non-transport service, we handle a local football (college) stadium. Anything ON-FIELD is handled by AMR. Anything OFF-FIELD is handled by us. So we cover anything that happens in the stands, parking lot, other fields, etc. If we need to escalate things to the ALS level, we'd have to call in another rig anyway because for some reason, the AMR crew wouldn't be able to do transports.

Same thing with other events - AMR will have a rig there on standby but it cannot actually do any transports. They'd have to call in another rig to do the transport. So in the end, they just have a rig sitting there sunbathing all day. Some events require that an ambulance be on standby... even though it can't transport. To me, that seems like a misconception on the part of the event organizers, but on the other hand, it does pay us. :)

With my transport service, we do event standby stuff as well.