Average cost of a new Type II?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Doing some research. Anyone know roughly what a brand-new Type II on a Ford or Chevy cost?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I was told that a Type II costs $60,000-$80,000, while a Type III Costs $120,000-$160,000. I'm not sure those mean much, as each ambulance is outfitted differently, but it gives you a rough idea.

xstreetsweeperx

Forum Ride Along
Interested in finding out the same

I was kinda interested in the very same thing.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
If you have a company in mind of who you'd like to purchase from, or even more than one, contact them and ask for thier base price list and price list of the most comman options. That should get you started and come up with a more realistic price.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I heard our Marquee Type IIs were around 75k, with all LED light packages and possibly everything product that Ferno sells. The AEV units were priced similarly. The bosses choose not to confirm that information, or they just didn't know.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
What happened, you pranged one?

$60K? Sounds low. Forget buying a retirement RV, I'm buying a used ambo.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
www.ambulancetrader.com

for used rigs, this is the place

Looking there a new Miller Sprinter is $79k. Course it is a Miller and they seem to be on the cheap end.

Values drop like rocks after a few years. Depending on the circumstances it's almost worth a slightly used vehicle.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Values drop like rocks after a few years. Depending on the circumstances it's almost worth a slightly used vehicle.

exactly why my non profit is looking for donations so that we can invest in a used rig for BLS transport.