Austin Tx fire academy

Phil mincey

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone have information on Austin's fire Academy?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You have to get hired by AFD to go through their academy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
General physical fitness standards, any tips from those who have gone through it already, also how the written test to get in works.
You'd have much better luck here for that kind of information. Especially since AFD is fire only, and I don't think even recognizes paramedics (so you won't get any AFD guys here). I know a few guys at AFD, but I couldn't answer any of those questions. I do know their entrance exam is ridiculous. It's more of a psych test than anything

OP
OP
Phil mincey

Phil mincey

Forum Ride Along
You'd have much better luck here for that kind of information. Especially since AFD is fire only, and I don't think even recognizes paramedics (so you won't get any AFD guys here). I know a few guys at AFD, but I couldn't answer any of those questions. I do know their entrance exam is ridiculous. It's more of a psych test than anything
Cool thanks for the help!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I can confirm this. It's a civil service exam then a giant psych evaluation and digging deep into your personal history. It's not an easy process.

As far as physical standards they're pretty straightforward and comparable to any other fire academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk