Anyone knowledgable on all the agencys in AZ?

Trauma Angel

Forum Probie
I'm currently an EMT in AZ (been here a little over 2 years), just a few weeks from finishing my A-EMT. I've been working in a fire based city environment. Would like to cross over into a more rural setting. I live in Maricopa County and the only rural-ish area nearby is Gila River (who is not currently hiring). I don't mind commuting a pretty decent distance if it was for a 48/96 schedule. Does anyone know of an area/agency that falls in that category? I know were surrounded by Indian Reservation but some have ambu service, some have FDs with their own rescues and some are just plain volunteer.
I even considered "semi out of state" like Laughlin,NV or something.
any suggestions?

thanks guys!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Not from AZ, but these two are reputable. I believe both are AMR subsidiaries (River Medical is):

https://www.amr.net/home/mohave

https://www.lifelineaz.com/

Definitely doesn't seem like a great market to be a paramedic. Much like California it's over saturated with paramedics. I was talking to a flight paramedic a couple years ago at a class in Glendale, and he echoed this.

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
Lifeline is also owned by AMR now... You have Fire, fire, fire, AMR, AMR presents Southwest, AMR presents Rual/Metro, and AMR, so on and so on... I would move out of this state of I could

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Lifeline is also owned by AMR now... You have Fire, fire, fire, AMR, AMR presents Southwest, AMR presents Rual/Metro, and AMR, so on and so on... I would move out of this state of I could
Are the fire departments in Lifeline's area ALS as well?

The FP I was talking to was going on about how they (fire) were dropping the ball on their ground RSI protocols (e.g., misplaced tubes), threatening its existence even in the rural areas (I would imagine), except for perhaps with Native Air.

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
Are the fire departments in Lifeline's area ALS as well?

The FP I was talking to was going on about how they (fire) were dropping the ball on their ground RSI protocols (e.g., misplaced tubes), threatening its existence even in the rural areas (I would imagine), except for perhaps with Native Air.

I actually wouldnt know Lifelines "native" playgrounds because of where I live, I just remember at my old job kicking boxes at the corprate hospital chain here I kept seeing more Lifeline rigs show up, I thought AMR finally had someone stepping against them... Turns out they bought them... As well as several other small transport startups in town. They are getting way too big in Maricopa, however, certain small suburbs fire departments are starting their own rigs again (Sun City, Peoria).

OP
OP
Trauma Angel

Trauma Angel

Forum Probie
Yes unfortunately the SWA/Rural Metro/AMR/Lifeline has a monopoly on a good portion of the state. But I know there are a few places with 911 ambu coverage (outside of FD). I know Gila RIVER, Ajo, and one of the other Indian reservations do but I can't recall which exactly and I know there's a few more. Has to be.
OR anything within a 3hr drive that does the 48/96 schedule, I wouldn't mind commuting for that at all. I'd love it actually because I want to get out of the city system.

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
Tricity, but I don't see anything open there at the moment. Lemme know if you find anything because I'm looking too. Currently on a AMR waiting list, but still looking around for EMT.

OP
OP
Trauma Angel

Trauma Angel

Forum Probie
Tricity, but I don't see anything open there at the moment. Lemme know if you find anything because I'm looking too. Currently on a AMR waiting list, but still looking around for EMT.

Yeah tri-city just tested last year.
A wait list for AMR in AZ?? What area do you llive in? The only wait listed manpower I've seen in the hands of AMR or southwest is part time employees.

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
Nope, full time Maricopa. Just tested at the start of March. No preference on which company they are sending me to. HR keeps telling this

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
ABC is based out of Phoenix. Very small but with nice rigs. Probably far from what you are looking for though. They hold the IFT contracts for psychs. I don't know what else they do outside of that. (I read they have contracts in Apache Junction)