Anyone heard of Aegis Ambulance in LA County?

AudiGirl

Forum Probie
I received a call this morning from Aegis Ambulance for an interview next week.
Is anyone familiar with this company and how they operate? I never heard of them

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I received a call this morning from Aegis Ambulance for an interview next week.
Is anyone familiar with this company and how they operate? I never heard of them
Skip em. Go AMR, CARE, MCCORMICK, SCHAEFER. If you want to be a real emt, go to Hall.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
If you need the job then go and interview. They are an IFT company that does mostly dialysis and SNF transfers from what I remember.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
go to Hall.

THE KERN CO CULT STRIKES AGAIN!!!

In all seriousness like fishing already said; AMR, McCormick, Schaefer, and Care for LACo. San Bernardino county and Riverside county are also great counties to work in. If you're looking in either of those AMR is the sole 911 provider in RVC and for SBC AMR provides 911 for most of the county.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
THE KERN CO CULT STRIKES AGAIN!!!

In all seriousness like fishing already said; AMR, McCormick, Schaefer, and Care for LACo. San Bernardino county and Riverside county are also great counties to work in. If you're looking in either of those AMR is the sole 911 provider in RVC and for SBC AMR provides 911 for most of the county.
Just sayin.... where else can an EMT wave off the fire department lol

VentMonkey

Family Guy
If you want to be a real emt, go to Hall.
Fish, you're my pal, but TBH I very much considered myself a "real EMT" from my LA days, and all. Thing is, most of them weren't ideal medics in my mind.

With that, I think the best way to put it is something to the effect of, you can learn to be a "real" EMT or paramedic anywhere. You can also learn how not to be one--also--anywhere.

Bottom line? If you want to be involved in an EMS system that focuses on EMS as seen in the book, it's best to do your homework and find this sort of system.

I learned a lot of bad habits in the beginning, but also excellent fundamentals. So the system itself is less pertinent if the provider in question is truly interested in learning how to perform the limited tasks that we routinely perform in the field. No one person, system, school or protocol book can teach you so.

EMS is--like it, or not---part public safety, but also largely part medicine, and healthcare. The problems we encounter often stem from the fact that 'reaper racers' misread the "M" in the acronym to solely pertain, and intervene with the "E" in it.

However, the medicine aspect, like all medicine calls for an intrinsic thirst for eternal knowledge. This here, is the mark of being a "real" EMS practicioner in spite of the level, or system...not the system itself.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Fish, you're my pal, but TBH I very much considered myself a "real EMT" from my LA days, and all. Thing is, most of them weren't ideal medics in my mind.

With that, I think the best way to put it is something to the effect of, you can learn to be a "real" EMT or paramedic anywhere. You can also learn how not to be one--also--anywhere.

Bottom line? If you want to be involved in an EMS system that focuses on EMS as seen in the book, it's best to do your homework and find this sort of system.

I learned a lot of bad habits in the beginning, but also excellent fundamentals. So the system itself is less pertinent if the provider in question is truly interested in learning how to perform the limited tasks that we routinely perform in the field. No one person, system, school or protocol book can teach you so.

EMS is--like it, or not---part public safety, but also largely part medicine, and healthcare. The problems we encounter often stem from the fact that 'reaper racers' misread the "M" in the acronym to solely pertain, and intervene with the "E" in it.

However, the medicine aspect, like all medicine calls for an intrinsic thirst for eternal knowledge. This here, is the mark of being a "real" EMS practicioner in spite of the level, or system...not the system itself.
LOL I still don't see how a 99% Dialysis company can make a strong provider. Yes LAco has its flaws, we both were raised in that system and seen the many companies and changes. Which is why I pointed in the directon of the big 4.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
*Cough cough* REMS

OP
OP
AudiGirl

AudiGirl

Forum Probie
I'm going to cancel my interview (I'm in no desperation to get a job).
McCormick contacted me that they would like to proceed with the process!
I appreciate everyone's insight!